Chapter 27: Group showdown

-Shelby pov-
I have talking with my fiancés about what we are doing. We had long talks last night about how to figure out the group. We even called the girls in for help. We finally came up with a solution.

We will have two groups do a showdown. One group will sing one song and the other will sing another. We have a few choices they can pick. One pile is old and the other is newer.

There's broadway and pop mixed in them. It really will be their choice for the groups. I also heard what Kitty had to say. I'm not too keen on keeping her around.

She only got a spot because of Sue. She has a nice voice but we can make do. I will not tolerate any more bullying. Especially when we do the play this year.

"Alright" Judy sits down the older music "Is this everything?"

"Yep" I sigh and look at the empty chairs "It's all up to them now"

"That's scary" Maribel wraps her arms around me "Hold me! I'm scared Shelby!"

"Hold me too Judy" Holly wraps her arms around Judy "I'm...I'm just needy and want attention ok?"

I laugh and pull Maribel into me "We will give attention if asked" I give her a quick kiss "We love you"

"We love you" Maribel gives me a chaste kiss "You think we could get away with doing things before club time?"

"Don't think about it!" We all jump at Sue's voice coming over the intercoms "I got special systems to go straight to the rooms! I also have cameras hidden in the classrooms!"

"Buzzkill" Maribel pouts and nuzzles back into me "You best make up for this later ok?"

"Of course love" I give her a forehead kiss "I will make it up later for you"

-Time skip-
The glee club slowly pours in and takes their seats. I see my groups as they walk in. I definitely know who I'm pairing up. I go to stand up and speak when I get pulled back.

"How about I pick and Judy judges?" I look at Maribel confused "So we all get to do something"

"Uhh ok" I sit back down "Go ahead"

"Thank you" Maribel walks forward and claps "I have groups! Group A is Kitty, Mary, Sugar, and Brittany! Group B is Tina, Sarah, Cassidy, and Unique! Group A come get your song!"

The 4 walk down and pick their song. They will have the main parts and will incorporate everyone else later. It takes a few minutes before they finally pick.

Once it's picked they show the band. The music begins after a small break.

-Kitty-Mary-Sugar-Brittany-All-
Girls, we run this mother, yeah! [4x]
Girls!

Who run the world? Girls! [4x]
Who run this mother? Girls! [4x]
Who run the world? Girls! [4x]

Some of them men think
They freak this like we do
But no, they don't
Make your check come at their neck,
Disrespect us?
No, they won't

Boy don't even try to touch this, touch this
Boy this beat is crazy, crazy
This is how they made me, made me
Houston Texas baby
This goes out to all my girls
That's in the club rocking the latest
Who will buy it for themselves and get more money later
I think I need a barber
None of these men can fade me
I'm so good with this,
I remind you I'm so hood with this
Boy I'm just playing
Come here baby
Hope you still like me
F-U pay me