Two: August

Years had gone by. Harry was a reserved eighteen year old, contemplating auditioning for the X-Factor again. He remembered how it went down last time... It had brought down his confidence a lot.

A few things happened in the past four years. As Louis had advised him to, Harry had gotten a singing tutor. This had caused him to improve his vocal voice by a great deal. He had more control over the steadiness of his voice. He had also learned not to let nerves affect it too much. His sister and mum supported him through all this.

But another thing had changed - he had grown to become a fan of Louis Tomlinson. He found out after his audition that Louis was a famous star. That hadn't been a surprise to him, though. By any means, he looked up to him. He was just so kind to Harry back then, plus Harry adored his music.

Harry's audition was tomorrow. He was so damn nervous. Cheryl was still going to be in the judging panel.

"I'm auditioning for X-Factor tomorrow," Harry said, quietly, staring up at his friend's ceiling. They were lying in bed the afternoon before the audition.

"Oh my god, really? The judges are gonna love you! You improved so much, that bitch will regret everything she said," Niall said, pulling Harry into a quick hug. Harry laughed. "Especially Louis," Niall said cheekily, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Shut up," Harry laughed.

"Don't act like it isn't true. Now, let's watch some movies!" They went downstairs, cuddled up on the couch and watched Disney movies.

•••

Harry and his family had just arrived at the building, the auditions were held. Unlike last time, he was dead nervous. And for obvious reasons. Harry really didn't want to disappoint Louis. not when he'd told him that he saw potential in him.

"Name?" the lady asked behind the same counter. It was the same lady as four years ago. Déjà vu, Harry thought before answering: "I'm Harry." She planted a number on Harry's shirt, wishing him good luck, to which he thanked her. She really seemed like she hated her job, and Harry could see why.

Harry walked over to his mum and sister, letting out a heavy breath. He fixed his clothes, making sure he looked decent. Gemma smiled at him, silently telling him, that everything would be alright. "Dear, you have improved so much over the past four years, there is no way in hell, it's gonna go like last time," his mum smiled, hugging him tightly, "Gemma and I will always support you, no matter what. You know that, don't you? We love you, and the judges will too."

"Thanks mum, I love you guys," Harry said, hugging them back as if they were in a life and death situation. A guard let them backstage, it was soon to be Harry's turn to audition. Harry sat down, hands shaking in nervousness, as he watched the boy, currently trying to prove the judges he was worth it. He walked out with a grin on his face.

When Harry walked on stage, all he could see was people. Tons of them... Harry walked to the center of the stage, and faced the judges. Cheryl, Simon and Louis. His breath hitched, when he saw Louis, wearing a plain black tshirt and black skinnies. His inked arms were on display and hair a beautiful mess. He had a stubble and God Louis was so pretty.

Harry brought the microphone to his mouth, "hi," he said quietly, the microphone increasing the sound tremendously. Louis looked up, "you're that boy from a few years ago, I remember you," he pointed out. Harry nodded slowly, "um, that's right... I am," he said. Cheryl gaped, "oh my god, I humiliated you so bad, I would like to apologise for my behavior. That was out of my way to insult you like that."

The green eyed boy nodded again, "don't worry about it, it's all good. That was a long time ago, and it actually helped me," he spoke into the microphone. Cheryl smiled at him, thankful.

"Harry, isn't?" Simon inquired, finally looking up at him.

"Yeah, that's my name."

"And how old are you now, Harry?"

"I'm eighteen now." Simon nodded.

"Should I just begin?" he questioned quietly. Simon gave him a thumbs up in approval.

It all went by smoothly. The crowd cheered, Cheryl, Louis and Simon looked impressed. But Harry didn't notice, because his eyes were closed as he continued singing.

When he was done singing, Harry slowly opened his eyes, seeing a silent crowd and three speechless judges.

The crowd bursted into applause, making Harry smile. Some even stood up. Harry cautiously watched Louis' reaction. He was smiling, he eventually clapped too. He even looked a bit proud. Whatever it was, it was good and good enough to make Harry grin.

Cheryl was the first one to speak. "Harry, that was beautiful. Your voice suits the song perfectly. It's a yes from me," she said with a smile.

"It's a yes from me as well. That was... that was good. your voice is much steadier and stronger than four years ago," came from Simon followed by a small smile. Harry was even more happy now, being praised by the Simon Cowell. That is how you know, you did good. Then Harry realised, he had two yesses now, meaning he was in, whether the last judge agrees or disagrees. That fact just made Harry's cheeks hurt from smiling so widely. Albeit, secretly, Harry kind of wanted Louis' opinion too.

"Thank you!" Harry said. "Thank you so much."

Harry averted his gaze from Simon to Louis. He didn't know where all this confidence came from, well obviously from the praise, but he felt like nothing could possibly go wrong now. Harry stared at Louis, waiting for him to just say something.

After an eternity, Louis decided to look up from his note taking. He looked Harry dead in the eye, making the guy both excited and nervous. His stomach twisted. Maybe Louis, his idol for four years, didn't actually like his voice. Maybe he had disappointed the person, he didn't want to disappoint. Even though he didn't know him the slightest. Harry was terrified, would this be a repeat from last time?

No, Louis would never do that. Harry saw the way he treated people, even the ones he didn't like the voice of. Regardless of how bad his opinion was of the singer, he would tell it nicely with respect. He was honest, but not an asshole. Still, Harry wanted Louis Tomlinson to think he did good. That's what he wanted. though, even if Louis said no, Harry would still make it.

Louis sighed. Harry impatiently waited for the words to leave his mouth. come on.

"You've surprised me."

Harry bit his lip.

"You auditioned for us four years ago. You were just fourteen."

Hard.

"I'm impressed. Back then, your vocals were shaky and unsure. I could see you had the talent - you had it in you, you just needed some tutoring and training. I can see you have worked hard to get to this point. I'm not saying that you're a professional now, but you have improved so much. That sounded really well. You can be proud of yourself. It's a yes from me."

Harry hid his face behind his arm so no one could see his teary eyes. Got him so emotional.

Back then, he had cried of sadness, now, he cried of happiness. The judges' kind words warmed Harry's heart. They seemed so genuine in their words, like they meant everything they'd said.

Harry wiped his eyes with his sleeve.
"Thank you so much!" the poor boy managed to force out without choking. The audience awed.

Harry walked off stage in tears. Tears of pure joy. His mum and sister were both waiting for him, holding their arms open. He ran into their arms and cried and smiled and laughed.

"They liked me, did you guys hear what they said? Did you hear what Louis Tomlinson said to me?" he squealed in happiness. This was the fastest Harry had ever talked. That doesn't say much.

"We heard! We're so proud of you, we knew you could make it," his mum said. She couldn't stop smiling at her boy in her arms.

"How couldn't they love you, bro? Your voice has improved so much. I'm very proud. Now, let's go home?" Gemma suggested, ruffling up Harry's curls, making him laugh and nod in agreement.