About 8 Years Later: Catching Up

"And now, here's your host, Jimmy Fallon!"

This cued the orchestra to start playing dramatically and the audience to clap as the light blue curtains were drawn and revealed Jimmy Fallon in his usual dark suit. He walked to the centre of stage as the large curtains closed again behind him.

"Hello and welcome to the Tonight Show. I'm Jimmy Fallon and I'll be your host tonight."

The audience broke into applause and Jimmy bowed three times and then cracked a few jokes before getting to business.

"We are all familiar with the story of Louis and Harry, right? The one with the X-Factor and all that?" He asked, earning shouts of 'Yes!' among the crowd.

"Well, have you ever wondered what happened to the people that they met along the way?" Jimmy then asked. He got the same reaction.

"Okay! Well, today is your lucky night, because behind these blue curtains, they are all waiting, excited to answer all of our questions!"

Excitement rose among the crowd as yells of 'Woo's and 'Aaa's were heard. Then the orchestra once again started playing and the curtains were drawn. A line of familiar people walked up on the stage, each taking a seat in the comfortable beige chairs.

Everybody clapped at them and Jimmy bade them a warm welcome. He took a seat in his own chair, and they chatted loosely before getting started with the questions.

"Stuart," Jimmy started.

"Jimmy," Stuart replied.

"We're dying to know what you've been up to, please inform us."

Stuart cleared his throat, "well, um, I've actually abandoned singing for good. Found that out after trying out and failing the X-Factor. So now I'm a lawyer, I don't know if that's surprising."

Jimmy lifted his eyebrows, facing the audience who shared his same reaction.

"Strangely enough, I'm not surprised," Jimmy said. "So you just don't sing anymore?"

"I still sing in my free time, if that's what you mean."

"Well that's a relief. Then that talented voice of yours hasn't been a complete waste. And what about relationship status?"

Stuart smiled to Ronja who was sitting on the chair next to his. They tangled their hands together and the crowd awed. "I don't know about relationships, but Ronja and I got married. And we also have a kid. A son."

"Really? Congratulations, Stuart and Ronja. That's adorable and unexpected, hashtag marriage goals," Jimmy grinned and moved on to Ronja.

"So tell me, how did this happen, Ronja? Mrs. Ronja?"

Ronja let out a shrill laugh. "Actually on the bus ride home from boot camp. We got to talking. And it was magical. Like one of those deep talks where you just kind of connect, you know?"

"I know," Jimmy cooed. "So it's just been you two ever since then?"

Stuart nodded affirmably, "eight years and counting."

The audience clapped at them and broke into sweet 'awww's.

"And do you still sing, Ronja?" Jimmy inquired.

"I absolutely do! I actually have a YouTube channel where I post covers and originals. Otherwise I work as a kindergarten teacher."

"I'll have to check out that channel of yours then," Jimmy smiled. He then turned to face Gemma who had brought a man with her tonight.

"Who's this, Gem?" he asked.

"This," Gemma smiled, "is my husband, Carl, actually. We got married this year after being engaged for seven, so that's nice. We've been pretty chill. Bought a house near a lake in outer London."