Fifteen: December

Christmas.

Well, not Christmas; It was the first of December, Harry's absolute favourite month of the year.

By now, London's streets would be illuminated with magical yellow lights and giant vibrant crimson hearts and the whiff of gingerbread cookies would linger in the frosty air outside of the warmed up homes and Harry would always cuddle up on the sofa with his family and watch Home Alone as the white and fluffy snow flakes fell gently to the ground just outside their window.

New York was pretty too. It wasn't much different frankly. There was something about the atmosphere that almost made Harry feel at home.

He wished he could enjoy it without worrying so much, but the thought of the incident with Louis in the recording studio kept him in a less of a cheery mood.

Louis had tried to speak to him about it multiple times in the last couple days ever since it happened, but Harry kept refusing. He couldn't possibly face Louis after embarrassing himself like that.

He was definitely being childish, but what could he say? He was a pathetic, childish loser.

Why did no one warm him about how emotionally draining and complex it was to be a contestant on this bloody TV program? He wished he'd known this beforehand so that he could've avoided this.

A sigh escaped his lips as he snuggled into a blanket in front of the flat screen. Nearly all the other contestants were out, probably sightseeing. He ought to be doing that too. It'd probably drag him out of his self pity for a moment.

Eh, he thought and turned on the TV, letting Modern Family play at a high volume. Who needs fresh air when you can sit in a sofa for hours while feeling bad for yourself? At least he had his cinnamon tea. He brought the cup to his lips and took a sip, humming in contentment.

The sound of a door opening and closing caught his attention and made his eyes dart up. His breath hitched in his throat when he saw Louis stand there in his slippers, looking at him. He looked sleepy.

"I see you found the 'plus' button on the remote control," he said in a slow voice, his tone sarcastic.

"Huh? Oh, sorry," Harry immediately grabbed the remote and turned down the volume.

Louis simply nodded, attempting at a smile. Harry returned it weakly. None of them said anything for a while.

"Uh. Do you know where the others are?" Harry asked to fill the silence, tapping his feet against the vinyl floor.

"I think they're all out buying Christmas presents. There's some discount," Louis explained with disinterest visible in his voice, running a hand over his ruffled hair. He took a step closer. "I've been meaning to talk to you..."

Harry pursed his lips but let out an extended "fine," leaning back in the sofa and directing his eyes back at the TV, refusing to meet Louis' look. Louis took a seat next to him but said nothing. He sighed. Stop sighing.

Getting impatient, Harry bounced his thigh up and down under the blanket.

Louis cleared his throat before he spoke. "I may have established a certain distance between us after the incident that happened that last night on the camp."

"You don't say," Harry let out a dry laugh.

Louis frowned. "I felt awkward about it. You and Lucas..." he trailed off.

"Listen, I'm sorry about my outburst. It was... way out of pocket. I should've known better. You were right. You can start yelling now. Just get it over with, please," Harry said, fiddling with his thumbs while keeping his eyes glued to the TV. Manny and Jay were currently scolding Gloria for hiring a male nanny.