Fourteen: November

A/N:
y'all are amazing, we're at 500 reads already! also I'm on vacation right now so I can't promise quick updates like in the last couple days. ily xx

Harry was exhausted when they exited the plane after seven long hours of barely exchanging a word with Louis.

He had been trying to swallow the fact that Louis had been visibly more distant towards him ever since bootcamp. But it was crystal clear to him now; Louis was avoiding him. And Harry didn't understand why. But it bothered him. It bothered him a lot, causing small wrinkles to form up in his forehead every now and then when thinking about it. Because Louis was solely pushing him away. Not any of the other contestants. Not George. Not Rachel. Not Mark. He wanted to ask Louis why he was doing this to him, but couldn't bring himself to it. He could only hope that Louis would come back to normal soon.

Harry dragged his suitcase behind him as they walked out of LaGuardia Airport. It was brisk outside, and the bumpy cobblestone made his suitcase bounce and tickle his hand that was gripped around the handle.

He was currently walking alongside Louis whose head was buried in his phone. It was a mystery how he hadn't bumped into a light pole yet. Harry gave a sigh and rushed up front to walk next to Lucas instead, not really feeling like being invisible anymore.

"Sup, man. How was your flight?" Lucas asked as they went with the flow toward the bus.

"Horrible. It was so nerve racking sitting in those seats while I thought we were gonna crash every minute," Harry groaned.

They arrived at the bus which was a shining, black one. They handed their luggage to Louis' personal chauffeur and slouched down in one of the back seats of the bus as the chauffeur smoothly drove them to Louis' apartment.

Which turned out to be a little bigger than Harry would've thought. It was a skyscraper. And apparently, he lived on the top floor. Everybody gaped when they entered the exclusive building. After they all were divided into elevator teams Harry rode the gold plated elevator with six others to the 25th floor. The platinum doors slid open, welcoming them directly into Louis' home.

Harry really hadn't expected to live like a royal when he auditioned for the X-Factor, but he certainly wasn't about to complain.

Louis' apartment looked like it had costed him billions of dollars. It was a two story, very large New York City apartment. A gorgeous blackwood staircase with a golden rail twirled up to meet the second floor which Harry bet had the best view of the skyline up there. The furniture of the living room was rare and highly stylish and oh my God, was that an open entrance to a Jacuzzi?

He had to keep himself from dropping both jaw and tongue to the floor, but when he looked over at the others, they were all open mouthed and wide eyed too. Kind of resembling fish.

"Sorry, it's a bit dusty," Louis said as he himself emerged from the elevator and stepped into his apartment. "I haven't visited New York for a while."

"Are you kidding?" Harry said dumbly, "this is, well, it's exquisite."

"Thanks," Louis laughed. "Follow me, guys, I'll give you a quick tour."

During the apartment tour, Harry found out that there were more than ten different bedrooms and about five bathrooms. And then there was the recording studio. It was insane. Harry was left flabbergasted. He also got to experience what it was like to sit on the rooftop, taking in the view of New York. Hey, there's the Statue of Liberty!