Eleven: October

Harry let out an airy breath of relief when he realized that the last contestant was finally finished with their song, and that he was safe from anyone taking his chair from him again. The cameras and the sharp stage lamps were finally off. Everyone could relax within themselves again.

They all got up from their respective chairs, going to talk to their friends, filling the air with laughter and summing. Since both Stuart and and Ronja weren't here anymore, Harry didn't really know what to do with himself. He just kind of stood there until someone, Louis, came up to him.

He looked ever so gorgeous in the glistening moonlight.

"How are you?" Louis asked gently.

Harry hesitated. How was he? He was happy to be back in the game. But he was also overwhelmed, and sad that he was probably going to live alone now. Which really shouldn't matter when he thought about it because they were all heading home to London tomorrow. He was just sad for his cottage mates.

"I really am sorry about... all that," Louis admitted when he didn't receive an answer.

"No, it's fine, really!" Harry assured and smiled forcefully. He was not going to make Louis feel bad about doing his job. "I'm so happy you decided to give me another chance. Just sad about Stuart. And Ronja. But hey, that's the game, right."

Louis frowned, about to say something, but Harry never got to know what, because then Louis was dragged away by a camera man and a journalist. They probably wanted to interview him on the whole incident. What he did had never happened on the program before, so Harry understood why the press was going to ask a couple questions.

He felt a warm hand on his shoulder and turned around, startled. It was Lucas. He was smiling.

"Hi, Harry. Congrats on not getting sent home, dude!" He pulled him into quite an aggressive hug, patting him on the back multiple times.

"Thanks, man," Harry laughed, hugging him back. "And you too. You were great."

Lucas grinned, but then it disappeared. "Shame about Stuart, though."

"Yeah-"

"Hey, you wanna go skinny dippin'? It's the last night."

"Um." Harry pondered over it for a short moment before thinking fuck it, and agreeing.

They ran to the silver painted lake. It was as clear as vodka and lined up with pine trees which neatly camouflaged it from the camp. The atmosphere was noticeably different here. It was quiet and peaceful. Soothing, even. There were no people. They could still see them, though, and hear them; Just a faint sound of very distant talking.

A bee hummed in the air as Harry and Lucas started to strip out of their clothes.

Lucas paused. "This isn't gay, right?" He frowned.

Harry wanted to laugh. He liked Lucas, but God, was he dumb sometimes.

"No homo," Harry just said before diving head-first into the water. It welcomed him in its cool embrace. He shuddered, gliding smoothly through the water. "Get in the water! It's so refreshing."

Lucas shifted nervously when a breeze hit his naked body. "Is it deep?"

"Deep? I don't know. Does it matter?"

"Uh, yeah. I can't swim."

Harry glared at him. "You wanna go skinny dipping in a lake, and you can't swim? Nice thinking."

"I'm sorry! I guess I hadn't thought it through," Lucas exclaimed.

Harry sighed, about to tell Lucas how incredibly stupid he was, but then they both noticed the silhouette emerging from behind the pine trees. They held their breaths in fear.