Cooking Battle

This could possibly one of the weirdest battles Shirou has ever faced in his entire life.

One that didn't involve any swords, or magic, or noble phantasms, or anything violent.

But rather a cooking battle.

And his opponent?

Beni-enma, who is also known as one of the greatest cooks in Chaldea.

And the judges? Ritsuka, Mashu, and Da Vinci.

As Beni-enma and Shirou were having a cook-off while Ritsuka, Mashu, and Da Vinci were watching while giving out commentary, Shirou had one thought to himself.

"How did things end up this way...?"

(A few hours ago...)

Shirou was just having a normal day in Chaldea's cafeteria, cleaning up the counter top as he was preparing for the daily lunch for the servants.

However, that would change...

When Beni-enma came into the room with a grumpy face, alongside with Ritsuka, Mashu, and Da Vinci.

"Ah, Master, Mashu, Da Vinci. Nice to see you."

"Y-Yeah. Nice to see you too..." Ritsuka muttered nervously.

While Shirou recognized Ritsuka, Mashu, and Da Vinci, he didn't recognize Beni-enma at first glance and asked, "Uh master, who is the servant right next to you and is staring at me intensely?"

"Well...it's a long story..."

Beni-enma gave Shirou a long stare and asked, "Tell me, are you the new servant known as Emiya Shirou?"

"Yes. And who are you? Can I help you with something?"

"My name is Beni-enma, the bearer of the title, Tongue-cut sparrow, and a graduate of the Beni-enma Culinary School. I am the teacher of the well-known cooks in all of Chaldea and has taught many servants who can't even cook as well."

"I see...and what business do you have with me Beni-enma san?" Shirou asked.

Beni-enma took a deep breath before saying, "Emiya Shirou. I challenge you to a cook-off!"

Shirou was shocked at Beni-enma's declaration. "Huh?"

"You heard me quite clearly. I challenge you to a cook-off right now!"

Shirou was speechless for moment. After a few seconds of piecing the information together, he asked, "But why?"

"It's because I keep hearing from other servants that your cooking is very good! Even on par with the red bowman who is my rival! That got me curious, considering that there is only a few who can rival the red bowman! And not to mention the fact that you already started cooking in Chaldea's kitchen without my permission and approval!"

"I-Is that so?"

"Yeah! So, I need to make sure if your skills can live up to the rumors people have been talking about and to make sure if you are worth enough to be in Chaldea's kitchen!"

"I-I see. What are the conditions of the cook-off?"

"Good idea. Let me check in the kitchen first," Beni-enma said as she went into the kitchen and checked up the fridge. As he checked in the fridge, he saw a large amount of pork in there, giving her an idea on what topic should the match focus on. "All right, the theme of the match will be pork. Is that okay with you?"

"I'm okay with that. What are the rules?"

"It's simple. We will use any tools and ingredients there are in the kitchen. Or course, there will be a time limit."