Cyan Cultists

Prompt: Enemies turned best friends

War plagued the server, the friendliness it had started out with almost long forgotten.

The two leaders of the seperate sides were the most aggressive, finding any excuse to fight with each other, as if friendship never existed between them. It was difficult to even imagine any bonds being repaired after the war.

———

Grian, one of the two leaders, had broken something. Again.

And it just so happened to be Doc's redstone contraption. The very person who wanted him dead, his sworn enemy in the war. Being inept with redstone, Grian had no idea how to fix it, and he would surely be caught.

In other words, Grian's situation wasn't good, and there was no way he was getting out of it in one unharmed piece.

Oh no, Doc's gonna kill me, he thought to himself as he glanced at the ruined machine.

"Grian." The builder jumped as a familiar voice growled behind him.

Speak of the devil and he shall come... Grian slowly turned, coming face-to-face with a very unhappy Doc.

"Did you do this?" Doc asked, gesturing to the ruined contraption.

The red sweatered hermit knew it was useless to lie, so he just gave a timid "..Yes.."

The other's expression darkened. Grian shifted slightly, afraid of whatever punishment Doc had in store, but he only sighed and turned to his broken machine.

"Alright, help me fix it then." A reply that Grian least expected fell out of Doc's mouth. 

"Huh?" He asked timidly, afraid that he'd misheard, or that Doc was joking and was actually planning to kill him right then and there.

"Are you sure? I mean, I'm not exactly the best at redstone-" Grian glanced at the sky, the exit, he can easily fly out and run.

"Yes, now stop talking and fix it with me." Doc pulled Grian by his sweater and began rummaging through the skulker boxes littering on the floor.

"Find me an observer."

"Those scary things that stare at you with a bored expression?" Doc paused for a bit and looked up

"Uh, if you wanted to put it this way, yes."

After a few tripping hazards and an accidental trip to the underworld, Grian returned with a armful of the redstone blocks that Doc required. Along with a small peice of paper.

"Thanks man." Doc began fumbling with the redstone, while Grian watched in the sidelines,

"What does this do?" 

"Gives a signal to the piston right there."

"Why?"

"So the torch can be unpowered which sends an singal to the observer."

"Can I press this button?"

"No."

"Why?"

"You have a lot of questions don't you?" "Yep!" Grian sat on a shulker box, or better said, a small castle made of sulker boxes and chests, as he talked to the busy hybrid.

Doc sat in silence as he worked, occasionally asking Grian to hand him something which was needed to repair the contraption. 

The smaller Hermit kept asking questions about what he handed the taller one.

Doc, despite being annoyed at the amount of questions he was asking, answered them. He thought that if he could answer his questions, then Grian could learn more about redstone and not break it as often.

Grian wanted to try and understand what all the crazy things Doc was doing. It looked complicated, but he had said it wasn't.

Finally, Grian asked the question that had been lingering at the back of his head all this time.

"Why aren't you killing me?"

Doc turned to him, confused. "Huh?"

"I-I mean," Grian stuttered. "We're supposed to be rivals, but here you are acting all friendly and I'm just a little confused."

The other stared at him. He began to grow wary and started to shuffle away a bit, until Doc burst out laughing.

"Grian," he said as he tried to catch his breath. "It's all fun and games, y'know? I don't actually hate you...although the constant questions about the redstone are a bit annoying-"

"What-?" Grian yelped. "And here I was acting all aggressive when I didn't need to be!"

The two stared at each other, before dissolving into laughter again. "Well, uh," Doc coughed. "I think we're all done here."

The other nodded, hesitating before setting off. "I'll see you around then?"

Doc smiled and nodded, waving him goodbye.

Turns out their bond had never really severed.

Score: 7