Amber Antags

Prompt: Storm (Angst to Fluff)

The weather was closed all day but that was not a reason to stop Grian from jumping all around the hippie commune. They had worked on their flower farm during the day and now they were minding their own businesses. Impulse was working on their campfire and Ren was washing his RV, making sure it was the cleanest among the others.

"Guys! Is there anything we're going to do tonight?" Grian asked to the others as he jumped out of Ren's RV. Ren jumped where he stood,

"Grian, dude. When did you get in there? I'm working on it and I didn't notice you getting in." A grin formed on Grian's face, he was happy with the reaction he got.

"I bet he broke a window. Talking from experience." Impulse also got in the conversation. He had lighted the fire and now was watching his friends. 

"No. I may have broken in using the toilet but I didn't break any windows. That was the man in the chicken costume." The short hermit was now sitting next to Impulse, who was clearly sick of that excuse.

As Impulse was about to open his mouth to oppose the stupid argument it started to rain. "Oh, for the watchers sake... I lit up this fire five minutes ago." it was not the thing he wanted to say but that worked too. As the campfire turned into ashes a lighting struct into Area77, a loud thunder following it. Ren immediately started to shake, clearly afraid.

"Ren, you alright?" Grian was the first to notice it, walking next to the other red wearing hippie.

"Yeah, dude. Just dog instincts. Shaking when wet." Ren's voice was unsure and everybody was aware of it. They were also aware that something was wrong.

"Ren, you're not afraid of the storm, are you?" Impulse asked even though he knew the answer: Ren was gonna deny it, but he was afraid. Grian was already laughing behind both of them. He also very well knew what Ren was afraid of. He knew what everybody was afraid of on the server, it was useful for pranking.

"It's not that i'm scared of the thunderstorm-- i'm not, really, it's just I... don't like getting wet?" Ren's voice curled up into a question at the end unconvincingly. Neither Grian nor Impulse believed him for a slight second.

"Ren, you are not a good liar." Impulse said, laughing slightly as he spoke.

"What! Come on dudes, why would I lie to you? I really just don't like get-" Ren was cut off by another rumble of thunder. He jumped backwards in fear, his ears flattening against his head. Grian and Impulse looked at eachother, and then back at ren.

"Ren, man, it's okay if you're scared of thunderstorms. I'm unreasonably afraid of spiders, and Impulse doesn't like heights."

"Hey!" Impulse said, nudging Grian playfully. "You didn't need to tell him that!" Impulse turned back to ren. "But Grian is right. We don't judge you. Everyone's afraid of something. Let's get into the RV, yeah?" Ren nodded, a smile forming on his face.

Grian up looked at the grey sky. "I... okay, yeah we can go inside." Disappointment flashed in his eyes for a split second, but he quickly covered it up as they all began to walk to the RV.

The three decided to go into their underground area for the time being. Grian fell back onto the couch down there, and Impulse and Ren soon sat beside him.

Ren stared at the ground, clearly uncertain. "What do we do now, then?" Ren asked, leaning on Impulse. Impulsive shrugged, looking around.

"I don't know. We didn't bring our phones, only our communicators." Impulse sighed, looking to Grian accusingly.

"I didn't think we'd need them! This wasn't supposed to take this long." Grian defended himself, but chuckled a bit, looking at the TV screen. The man's black eyes almost matching the unpowered TV.

Ren narrowed his eyes at it, snorting. "We could use something on the totally not obvious TV screen in front of us?" Grian bumped the other with his elbow playfully, laughing a bit, soon joined by Impulse.

"You have a point." Impulse smirked, grabbing the small, black remote. It's buttons were a dark purple, with a portal-like symbol carved into the top of it, missing two of the corners. "What is this?" Impulse squinted, staring closely before handing it to Grian.

"It's a long story." Grian was smiling nostalgically as he spoke, rubbing the symbol. "So TV?" The other two hippies nodded, and Grian turned the TV on.

Grian looked to the others, tilting his head as he went to the Netflix option, the loading screen circling as he spoke. "So, what are we watching?" Impulse and Ren looked to each other, as if asking each other if they had an answer.

"Why not hamilton?" Ren was the first to suggest something, tail wagging. Impulse smiled, nodding vigorously to Ren's words.

Grian blinked. "Hamilton it is!" The man, still rubbing the strange symbol, typed 'Hamilton' into the search bar, clicking the first option that showed up.

As it loaded, Impulse got to his feet. "I'll get popcorn!" He called happily, voice loud as he went to the pantry.

Impulse hummed as he started making the popcorn, Ren smiling and tail wagging. When the popcorn was done, Grian started up Hamilton, the familiar music playing, Grian singing along.

"How does a bastard, Orphan, son of a whore and a scotsman, dropped in the middle of a forgotten spot in the carribean by poverence and poveristen squalor grow up to be a hero and a scholar?" Grian was smiling, jumping up and down.

Things may not have gone as planned, but that didn't mean they didn't go well.

Score: 8.5