Purple Protags

Prompt: A secret message hidden in the stone

Impulse felt the wind blow past his face, the rush of air, a welcoming bliss compared to the inside of his base. True, he loved to work on it, but he had seen the same walls for much too long. And he was beginning to get bored of the repetitivity of it.

Here he was, flying with elytra extended and rockets blasting sharp, glistening sparks into the blue sky. Zedaph needed him to remove a layer of bedrock. If he was lucky, Zedaph had a thin area picked out which wouldn't take long to get rid of.

Gliding in, he spotted Zedaph. The other hermit was working on some design work, and though it was looking great, Impulse had to admit it appeared tedious. He respected Zedaph for sticking with it. Speaking of the other, Zedaph gave him a friendly grin, and reached up to wipe the sweat off of his forehead with the back of his hand. He motioned for Impulse to follow him, and the two made their way down to bedrock level.

"This is what needs to be gotten rid of." Zedaph showed him a block which had a space cleared out around it. You wouldn't believe how many people had asked Impulse to dispose of a block of bedrock, and then shown him a claustrophobic 1x1 crevice with no room to breathe. A warm feeling filled his chest. Just one small thing had made his job so much easier.

The block he had been shown looked slightly weird to Impulse, but he didn't have the time to look for details. He shooed Zedaph away with a reassuring remark and started to set up. It always took a while to remove bedrock, he would have to get comfortable.

As he went along, removing the bedrock he noticed a piece that had what looked like text on one. The last piece had already been broken and there was now a hole to the void. As Impulse went to look closer at the text Zedaph came up behind him.

"So did you break it?", Zedaph asked.

"Yep! It's all done", Impulse replied with a smile.

"Good", Zedaph said with a grin.

Impulse then turned back around to look at the text but before he could do so, Impulse started to fall.

Impulse screamed, trying to latch onto the edge, to no avail. A small piece of bedrock crumpled off, falling down to the everlasting darkness. Something that he was quickly approaching.

His elytra wasn't working, his rockets were refusing to go off, and he couldn't balance himself out in time to even try and make it work.

He expected to continue falling, eventually to suffocate. Yet, he felt like he was still?

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the bedrock. The words imprinted on it were "ᓭᔑ⍊ᒷ ||𝙹⚍∷ᓭᒷꖎ⎓".

Save Yourself.

Score: 8.5