Sapphire Simps

Prompt: The brightest green forest with the golden sun

TW: Panic attack

The morning air was crisp as it brushed through Grian's hair, the sweater-wearing Brit gliding above hermitcraft as the golden sun began to glisten over the world. Most weren't up yet, it was still early for a summer mornin, but the day was young, and Grian was ready to make the most of it.

First, and most importantly, he needed to gather materials to restock the barge. Grian packed shulker boxes and a few enchanted axes and got to work, flying over the world to try and find a place to harvest some wood. After flying for most of the morning, he spotted a large forest filled with greenery and beautiful trees, although his thoughts and planning were interrupted by the snapping of his elytra.

Grian tumbled from the sky, screaming before fell against the ground, his consciousness fading as he hit the grass below him. When he woke up, the sun was glistening through the trees, the warmth of it's glow shining on Grian's face. He groaned in pain as he sat up, rubbing the side of his head while looking around the bright forest.

"My shulker and tools must have spilled out of my inventory when I fell.." Grian mumbled underneath his breath as he noticed his lack of tools and blocks, letting out a groan of annoyance as he fell back on the soft grass, embracing the warm glow of the sun for a few moments. He dug through his pockets, Grian's eyes going wide as his hand searched for the small communicator that had coordinates and a way for him to contact the hermits, which was now missing.

Then Grian realised something. Without his communicator, he can't contact any of the hermits to come help. Fear struck through his heart at the thought. He was stuck, alone out in a bright forest with no way of contacting anyone else. No one would be able to find him and for probably a long time too.

All of a sudden, the gremlin's surroundings became too bright, blinding him. He couldn't see anything past his nose. The sound of burning reached Grian's ears and his surroundings changed back into a forest however this time, the whole forest was burning down in a blaze of red fire. There was no one else there, just Grian and a forest that was going up in smoke.

The dirty blond's eyes widened as he recognized the forest he was standing in. He was abandoned here by his mother, told him that he was an utter disgrace and that she'd be better off without him. That night he barely escaped, severely injured with burns covering his tiny body.

He could feel his breathing start to pick up, the sharp inhales stinging the hull of his chest. 'Not good,' he murmured to himself, 'Definitely not good'. The luscious green grass almost turned a sickly shade of grey as he waited, watching, struggling to get a grip of his own mind. The ashes of his past settled as grime and dust on the hem of his sweater, reminding how much it hurt to be like this; alone, afraid, stranded. He knew exactly what could go wrong. What had gone wrong. But this had never happened before. So why had it now?

A throbbing ache banged against his skull, his mind seemingly turning numb underneath the watchful presence of the golden sun, the guise of a beautiful day just ahead. Had it not been for this incident, maybe it would have been great. He was all alone, in some unknown place, stranded and afraid. The racing thoughts and random spurts of panic too far and few between to properly comprehend. A part of him probably knew that this was fine; everything was always fine. But the rest of him was fretting over something that fell beyond here and now, right then and there.

Who knew how long he remained, grounded, his legs having given out within seconds upon landing. His heightened anxiety and rampant fears pushed his body to work at a different gear, the adrenaline forcing blood straight into his brain. He didn't have what it took to fight or take flight, and remained in tandem as he curled up into a ball, silently letting his body punish him harshly for falling so far down.

"Grian?"

The blonde recognized the voice almost immediately. Mumbo. He kept his head down and pulled at the roots of his hair frantically. His crippling fear not allowing him to do anything else. The tall hermit kneeled down next to him and wrapped his arms around Grian's shoulders.

"Just breathe," he said and began rubbing circles on his friends back.

"I- can't-" Grian said between breaths.

"You can. You're strong," Mumbo said calmly, "here I'll do it with you. In-" he paused "and out." He repeated the phrase until Grian had calmed slightly. His racing thought finally began to slow down.

"What are you doing out in the forest alone?" Mumbo asked worriedly.

Grian finally looked up to his friend, "My elytra broke."

The raven-haired hermit raised an eyebrow, clearly wanting the full story.  Grian continued, "My communicator got lost and then suddenly I was just so alone-" his breath caught in his through and a torrent of panic washed over him once again.

Score: 8