The Mentor: Epilogue

Epilogue

“May!  Stop pulling your brother’s hair!” I yelled at the little blond six year old. 

“But mom, he pinched me!” She complained.

“I did not!” My little James complained.  He was going to be eight soon. 

I glared down at them, “Both of you need to apologize to each other and then go sit on your beds for a little while.  You both know better.”

“Yes mom.” They replied and slunk off to their rooms. 

I smiled slightly after them.  “Little trouble makers.”

I heard a quiet chuckle and then felt two arms encircle my waist, “Sorry, they take after my family.” Declan said kissing me cheek.

“Yes!  But I think that’s overall a good thing.” I replied turning in his arms and hugging him.

“To think it’s going to be fourteen years tomorrow since our chaotic wedding.” He chuckled.

“I know!” I replied with a big smile, “To think about how smoothed out everything is now…”

“When will Noah and Lyn be here?”

“They said they’ll be in around nine tomorrow morning.”

“Great!  And your parents?”

“Well both mine and yours are driving up, so depending on traffic I’ll assume they’ll be here around noon.”

“Great!  It’ll be a nice party.” He said kissing my nose.

“I agree!  And the kids have missed their grandparents so much and are extremely excited to see them tomorrow.”

He chuckled.

I was just so happy at how everything ended up since the wedding.

Declan and I moved up to Oregon and we both got jobs, when a year later he began a home graphic design business that took off!  It was so nice because once it was going strong and he had a large cliental he could work from him most of the time, making the months I was pregnant much easier.

His business has gotten even bigger and has helped us become pretty well off.  It’s called Meyer’s Designs. 

Mostly because it’s not just graphic designing in the company.  I’m part of is as well as an interior designer.  I’ve done a lot of high class houses that paid very well and I definitely have made a name in the business. 

Noah and Lyn actually got married a few years after us and have a little boy a year older than James and a little girl a year younger than May.  Their names are Hayden, and Bonnie.  They are cute as buttons and we love them like our own kids.

Declan and I never saw Henry again, so we don’t really know what happened to him, we don’t care either.

Peter and Wendy ended up having a little boy and he’s fifteen now and as handsome as ever.  They are coming to our anniversary party too.

My parents are actually doing really well.  About a year after we got married they had a huge wedding ceremony to renew their vows and this time when my mom said she loved him, she meant it.  That was a very fun and tear wrenching day.

Gracie and Carson are as good as ever.  They spoil my kids as much as possible and boy do they love Grandma Gracie and her crazy stories.  She’s also always the one to sneak them extra sweets behind my back…

Nellie grew up and up and up and lordy she’s beautiful.  She got her dad’s height somehow and because of that gift from God she does a little modeling here and there.  She’s also been asked recently to audition for some small parts in commercials.  She’s very excited and I know it’s only the beginning for her. 

All my friends I met over the years one by one got married and had kids and moved away.  I keep in slight contact with a few, but Lyn is the only one I see and talk to regularly.  I obviously have made many new friends as well.  This couple named Tasmine and Parker are particularly good friends of mine and Declan’s.  They’re a funny and boisterous pair.  I even met Tasmine’s parents once when we were all having dinner at their house and they are a very interesting pair of people! 

In all life has gone on and we’ve won some and lost some, but our family is rock solid and things can only go up from here.

**It's very short I know, but it answers questions yes? If not let me know and I'll fix it!  Thank you for reading and I will be releasing new stories!  This was my 'Get back into writing story' so the next things I write can only get better :) I really hope you continue reading my work!  I love you all!**