11. The Mentor

11

The waiter brought our food and Henry and I ate as fast as possible so we could get away.

 We ended up taking Henry’s parent’s car and they were just going to get a ride home with my parents.

 My mother let me know before we left that there’s a GPS on my phone if we go anywhere we’re not supposed to.

 I had no idea she did that.  I was so happy I never decided to go to Declan’s house randomly.  We would definitely have to keep that in mind.

 We were driving to the mall when he suddenly spoke up, “Hey, so call your boyfriend.”

 “What?” I asked surprised.

“Call him.  We’re heading to the Westfield mall.  Tell him to meet us there.”

“But…but what about you?”

 “I’m a handsome guy.” He chuckled, “I’ll find someone to entertain me.”

 I thought for a second and I decided to invite everyone.  That means Noah, Lyn, Chelsea, Quinn, and Declan.

 I called Lyn and told her to invite them and I’d invite Declan.  She happily agreed.

 “Henry, I hope you don’t mind, but I invited more people.”

“I don’t.  I won’t be hanging around you so it’s whatever.” He shrugged.

I nodded and quickly called Declan.

“Hello?”

“Hey Declan, are you busy today?”

“Not at all.  What’s going on?”

“Well, I’m on my way to the mall.  Will you come?”

“Of course!  Um…but why?” He asked chuckling.

“I’ll explain when I see you.” I replied.

“Okay sounds good.”

We hung up quickly.  I smiled to myself.  I have such great friends.

The minute we got to the mall Henry left me by myself.

I had never been there so I was a little out of my element. 

I walked around the stores for a while and I found the food court and bought a smoothie. 

Finally I felt my phone vibrate.  I pulled it out and saw it was Declan calling me.

“Hi.”

“Hey where are you sweetheart?”

“I’m where all the food is.” I replied.

“Alright, I’ll be there in a minute.  Sit tight.” Then he swiftly hung up.

I found and table and sat there for a moment. 

After a minute I began listening to conversations around me.  I wasn’t eavesdropping, I mean if they’re talking loud enough for me to hear it’s acceptable.

“I just can’t believe he’d cheat on her.” I heard a brunette girl say.  “I mean I know they were having problems and she didn’t want to do anything, but he didn’t have to go back to his ex like that.” 

I thought about that.  ‘Is that conventional in relationships?’ 

I listened some more.

 “Well maybe if she would have gone just a little bit farther he wouldn’t have.  You know how boys are.  If they get disinterested they’ll leave.” A different brunette haired girl replied.