23. The Mentor

**Okay, so fair warning...the beginning of this chapter is kind of rough.  I didn't like writing it, but it's kind of important to the story at this point.  BUT for those of you who REALLY want some major Declan/Maggie time, I think you'll like the end of this chapter. ;)**

23

Monday finally came though and I had to say goodbye to my four good friends.

“We’re really going to miss you Maggie.” Gweneth said hugging me. 

“I’m going to miss all of you too.”

“Thanks for giving us an unforgettable weekend.” Haley said as she was getting a little teary eyed.

“I’m just so happy you guys had a good time.” I replied squeezing her too.

“Please come visit us soon.”

“I definitely will.” I replied.

I watched them leave to catch their plane and head back to my home town without me.

It was almost a little sad.  I had connected with them more at that time then I ever did when I went to school with them.

After we saw them off at the airport my mother rushed me to school and I managed to make it to my second period without any trouble.  I sat next to Declan and he grinned at me.

He was now more okay with the fact that I was tutoring Conner.  Which that day I was, but I told Conner on Tuesday I had to leave early because “Lyn” (actually Declan) was going to pick me up and we were going to spend the evening together.  My mother approved it since I was such a “good girl” with my friends that weekend.

Conner agreed and Monday afternoon we quickly finished up our tutoring session.  Nothing really happened that evening.  My mother just picked me up as usual and gushed about something.  I heard thought that she was talking to Mrs. Brown again.

“Mrs. Brown? Like Henry’s mother?”

“Yes! Her and I had coffee today and discussed some things.”

“Like what?”

“Well she really likes you, but I told her I’m not very interested in Henry being close to you right now.  She seemed to think about that a lot and then just left. It was rather odd.”

“Huh.  Is that so? Well I hope that Henry doesn’t show his face around here too much.”

“He probably won’t dear.”

“Alright.”

I took her word for it and the rest of the evening went by quickly.  Same with the day Tuesday.  I was just looking forward to spending the evening with Declan.  We’d never been completely alone in a house like that.