9. The Mentor

9

After that almost every Saturday for a month we did the same thing.  I went over to Lyn’s house and we all watched a movie.  My mom still won’t let me go on weekdays.  Something that stuck me as odd though was the fact that Quinn and Noah were never there at the same time.  One time he was there when she was, but then she got an urgent call and had to leave.  This led us all to suspect something was up.

Lyn and Noah weren’t quite dating yet.  She told me that she refused to until she figured out what was going on, but she’s never found a time to bring it up with him.

Declan has been very sweet to me.  He hasn’t kissed me on the cheek again and he’s been very cautious with me which at first I really appreciated, but now as time is going on I honestly want him to make some kind of advance.  It was out of character for me, but for some reason every time we were together my arms would just ache to reach out and touch him or have him hug me.  I couldn’t understand why he wasn’t.  I talked to Lyn about it and she said she didn’t even know.

Both of us are rather frustrated. 

But Saturday rolled around again.  Both Chelsea and Quinn couldn’t come tonight though.  Lyn had told me that tonight she’s going to find a time to bring up the issue with Noah. 

I told her it’s better now before it’s too late. 

“I’m just worried Margret…what if it’s something really bad?”

“How much do you care about him?” I asked.  We were sitting in her room.  The boys hadn’t arrived yet, so we were having some girl time.

“A lot.  I mean he’s great and we get along so well.”

“Then if you really care about him it couldn’t be so bad you’d never want to see him again.”

“Well, if he’s will to keep it this much of a secret something must be really wrong! And it might even have to do with Quinn which makes me more uncomfortable.” She said flopping down on her bed.

“I am sure it will be fine.”

“Yeah, maybe I’m just overreacting.”

I smiled at her and she gave me a half smile back.  Suddenly we heard the doorbell ring.

“Looks like someone’s here.” She said getting up.

We both walked out and it was Noah first.  He smiled and gave Lyn a hug and kiss.  I smiled.  It was so casual for them.  Why not for Declan and I too?! I may be sheltered, but I am a teenage girl…there are some things you just can’t get rid of no matter how hard you try.  Those are called hormones.  I researched it.

I got on my computer at home and looked it up.  Then naturally deleted the internet history.  I found out that it’s completely natural that I want Declan to touch me.  That thought though, also frightens me. 

We went into the living room and sat on the couch.  It was a little while before we heard the doorbell ring again.  Lyn got up to go answer it, leaving me alone with Noah.

“Uh…listen Noah, do you really like Lyn?”

“Yeah!” He replied vehemently.

“Then…maybe you should tell her this secret of yours.  It’s not my place, but she’s just worried about you.” I said shrugging.

He looked at me with an odd expression I couldn’t read and then Declan and Lyn came in.

I smiled and he gave me an award-winning grin back.