30. The Mentor

**The beginning is rough, but there are some necessary details and it picks up in the end! Sorry for the wait! :)**

30

The flight to Oregon was quick, and a little stressful.  I didn’t know if we were going to find my mother there, but the plan was to simply to wait at the cemetery until she showed up.  Which we had no idea if she was even going to.  Granted it was not a full proof plan, but it was honestly all we had to go on at the time.

We arrived in Oregon around six o clock and got to a hotel and decided we were going to have to wait until morning to go look for her because it was raining really hard outside.

Declan and I had a hotel room to ourselves and once we got in I went and took a quick shower, when I walked out he was relaxing on the bed with the TV on.

I walked over and cuddled up to him on the bed.  He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me.  “How do you feel?”

“Confused.”

“Understandable.  Do you think your mom will show up?”

“I have no idea.  I really hope so.  If she doesn’t after tomorrow I probably won’t have a chance to talk to her before the wedding.”

“That’s true, and that’d be extremely unfortunate.”

“Yeah.” I said quietly.  I buried my head in his chest and just took in his smell.  It was extremely relaxing.

I very quickly fell asleep like that…

That night I had a strange dream.

I was sitting in a chair looking into a mirror.  I had my hair down in long brown curls and my makeup was done with a gorgeous lace veil flowing off my head.  I looked down and I was in a wedding dress, it was beautiful, but it wasn’t mine, although I still loved it.  It had long lace sleeves and a pretty sweetheart neckline and it was tight around the bodice before going out like a princess’ dress.

Suddenly the door opened behind me and I turned quickly to see a man standing there.  At first I thought it was Declan, but as he walked forward and I could see his face more clearly it wasn’t.

He smiled at me and reached his hand out.  I took it and the second I did I knew who it was.  James.  My dad. He was tall with a handsome masculine face and a long nose. He had dark brown hair just like mine.

“You look beautiful in your mother’s wedding dress, it suits you.” He said with a sparkle in his eye.

“Dad?”

“I’m sorry Margret.” He whispered.

“For what?” I asked quietly.

“I’ve been gone, you never knew me.”