Chapter 23

"Then she put a winky face with a heart" I told Marissa through the phone

"Did you tell Naya?"

"I mean she knows about Shay, I just haven't told her what she sent me" Shay had Dm'ed me and I kind of freaked out because I was shocked, and of course kind of bothered by it because she gave me her number. Mostly shocked though.

"Demi..."

"I know, I know. I actually texted her a while ago before I called you"

"You what?!?" I was about to speak but she cut me off "Don't even! Why would you do that? You have a girlfriend and she's clearly interested in you if she just gave you her number like nothing. This is bad"

"It's just whatever. Naya probably won't even care, she's shooting something with Heather right now" She scoffed

"This is what it's about isn't it? Your jealous because of Heather, because she's known her longer than you have and the fact that they have such a strong connection makes you jealous"

"I'm not even jealous. I just hate how close they are on and off set, I know Heather doesn't like her but it just...i don't know, it just bothers me I guess"

"Well don't be. Has she ever actually picked her over you?"

"Well no, but-"

"No buts. If that doesn't prove that she loves you then I don't know what will"

"What?" My heart started beating faster at the word 'love'. Naya doesn't love me, well not yet anyways.

"I mean, likes you- you know what fuck this. She clearly loves you, you can see it in her eyes when she talks to you, I noticed that when we were at the restaurant that she looked at you like you're her everything" Naya doesn't love me. Does she? What if she does? Do I love her? The feelings that I have for her are so intense and deep that I might actually consider it 'love'.

"Um...I think you're just joking Marissa" I started to laugh nervously

"I'm being serious. Don't do anything stupid okay, especially with Shay. I'll call you later okay? Tell her" She hung up quickly leaving me deep in my thoughts.
_____________

I gripped the steering wheel tightly as I saw Naya give a hug to Heather before entering the car

"Hi babe" she pecked my lips and I started driving back to the house. When I was outside her house she looked at me and smiled "So I was thinking that....um... we should go out on Saturday. I want to take you somewhere special"

"I..I can't, I have something that day" She frowned and looked down for a little bit until her eyes met mine again

"What are you doing that day?" she furrowed her eyebrows and looked at me confused

"Something that I have to go to" Just tell her the truth Demi

"Oh...okay, I just wanted to go out with you because I was free that day and I wanted to spend the whole day with you and stroll around the city you know. Maybe even go on a boat or rock climb" I giggled

"Next time babe"

"Yeah um...we're still going to visit my family right? Next week?"

"Uh...yeah" Shit Demi, shit. I totally forgot about that, I'm supposed to go over choreography all next week for tour. Freaking great Demi.

"Okay great! My mom wants to meet you so bad since Christmas it's kind of crazy but she'll be so happy once I bring you home. I'll see you later Dems" she kissed me before exiting the car