Chapter 34

It's been 2 months since I got out of the hospital and well two and a half months since aha has been in coma. Everything just seems so empty without her here. Every single little thing. I expect her to text or call me or even show up at any moment but of course that doesn't end up happening. I just wished that everything was back to normal and Naya was here with me.

I walked around my house in a robe and a simple t shirt with sweats. I went to the kitchen and the first thing I did was give Buddy some food

"Here you go Buddy. Eat up" I said. He looked at me and barked "Love you too boy"

I went to the fridge and grabbed some milk. For the past two months I've been eating nothing but cereal for breakfast. You would expect it to get tiring after eating the same thing everyday but this is why I bought 8 different boxes of cereal. Of course my favorites are fruity pebbles. Once I finished my bowl of cereal I sat on the couch putting my head on my palms as I looked down. I thought back to everything that has happened these past couple of months. The fact that I was supposed to go to tour last month but it ended up being pushed back until the summer sucked. I see why my manager would do that, because I was still recovering from what had happened and he wanted me to just have time to come back a little and maybe by that time Naya would be fine. I honestly appreciated it so much.

My phone ringing snapped me out of my thoughts....it was Lea. That could only mean one thing

"Hello?!" I said quickly

"So fast are you?" She chuckled "Listen-"

"Where's Naya? She okay?" All I heard was silence

"Um...Demi, I called to tell you if you wanted to hang out with me and Chris?" My face showed nothing but disappointment, I thought it was going to be good news, maybe Naya finally waking up.

"Su-sure, why not" I said disappointed

"I'm sorry Demi I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine. It was stupid of me for thinking that Naya would actually wake up" I chuckled. What was going on

"Demi?! Don't say that! She will wake up. She will" I felt tears starting to come out. I tried to contain them but I just couldn't, I really wish she was here

"I hope she will"
_________________

A week later I found myself in the hospital...again. I went to Nayas room but apparently I couldn't because the door was locked, which was weird. Are they supposed to be locked

"Mam?" I turned around meeting a pair of blue eyes

"Uh....sorry" I stepped away from the door

"You must be Demi" she smiled and blushed a little "would it be weird if I said that I'm a huge fan?" I shook my head smiling back

"That would be awesome actually. I love my fans" I giggled smiling widely

"I know you do" she said "Um, I'm guessing you're here for Naya?" I nodded "The Doctor is in there right now checking if everything's alright. Did he call you?" I shook my head "Oh then he hasn't told you! Naya showed some signs of possibly waking up. Her hand was moving earlier little by little. It was like she was trying to out an effort on doing so"

"Is that good? Or..."

"That's really good. That means that she might be back in no time. Maybe in a couple of weeks or less, you never know" she smiled "Well the doctor should be out in a little. It was great meeting you Demi" she waved at me bye.

Once she left the doctor came out of the room almost immediately and he looked kind of taken aback seeing me here

"Oh hello Miss Lovato" He shook my hand "Pass right ahead. She's done if just fine. She's actually improving" He said before walking away. I approached the room and entered, once I got close to her bed I saw how different she looked. She didn't look as pale as she did before which was a good sign. She looked as if she was okay.

I sat by her grabbed her hand like I always do when I come to visit her

"Hey Naya" I said "I miss you, soooo much. I'm starting to think that Buddy misses you too since he's been kind of down these last couple of weeks, I wonder why" I said "Lea called, she called me to go out with her and Chris because she claimed that I've been locked up in my house these past two months, and she's not lying. I have been in my house, I haven't gone nowhere. Don't really have the energy to go anywhere" I sighed and looked at her mouth which was covered by a oxygen mask. I slowly started taking it off and I slowly placed my lips on hers. I was waiting for her to kiss back or at least wake up or something, but she didn't. I took a step back and got up from where I was sitting at "I love you" I said before leaving the room.
____________________

"I guess he doesn't take a hint because he never stops trying which is cute" Lea said rambling about how this guy always hits on her every time when she's going to Starbucks. Chris was sitting next to me listening to Lea, and me? Well I was somewhat listening. The other half was thinking about Naya, and how I wish she was here listening to this and sitting next to me while putting her arm around me and kissing the side of my forehead...how I miss that.

"-Alright?" I looked at Lea and she furrowed her eyebrows "Are you alright?" She said "You looked like you kind of spaced out there" She said looking at me and Chris. I didn't even notice that I had put my head against Chris shoulder.

"Uh...yeah I'm just, thinking" I looked down

"You know what wou-" My phone ringing and Leas phone ringing moments later startled us. I looked at the caller id and it was Shay? I saw Lea picking up her phone and excusing herself from the table. I debated whether to answer it or not. All of a sudden Chris grabbed my phone and pressed 'Decline'

"Fuck her. This is all her fault" That was all he said. Lea started walking back to the table with a smile on her face

"We have to go!" She grabbed me by the arms "Naya is awake" She said making me run to her car.

We got to the hospital 10 minutes later. I was feeling all kinds of emotions, the love of my life is awake and once I see her and those brown chocolate eyes, I'm probably going to break down crying. We made it to Nayas room in a couple of minutes and the doctor was in front of her room

"You are here" he said "Just before you go in, there is some concerns. She might have some memory loss. Not all but she remembers her name and her birthday but besides that she didn't remember one of her friends name, she was clueless. Maybe since you're here something will light up in that brain of hers" We all entered the room quietly only to see Naya staring back at us with a confused look on her face....like she's never even met us.

"Naya do you know these people" She looked at us, like scanning us and looked at us closely. Once her eyes landed on me, I could've swore I saw light in her eyes, I had hope she would remember me.

"No, I don't"

---------------------
I'm sorry guys, I've been caught up with homework and school work and I've just been tired. I'm slacking I know. But I'll try to update as quick as possible, I promise.

Any predictions on what's going to happen in the next couple of chapters?