Chapter 12

I fidgeted with my phone for the past 30 minutes. I wanted to call Naya so bad but today I told her not come since I told her I would be fine for the day. Truth to be told I missed her, I missed her voice, I missed her smile, her laugh that invaded the room, just her presence made everything in ease. I actually wanted to take a step into our friendship, a big one actually. I wanted to ask her out on a date, we knew a lot about each other already it's like we were dating already yet we aren't and I don't get that sometimes.

I looked at her name on the screen, i mustered up all the courage to press the call button and I lifted my phone up into my ear. Its ringing.

"Hello" I stayed quiet for a moment "Demi?" I cleared my throat before speaking "Hi Na-Naya" Damn Dani you're talking to her on the phone and you're still stuttering, it's not like she's in front of you staring at you intensely. Okay now I can't get that image out of my head.

"Hey Dems, what's up? Did you fall? Want me to go over there right now?" Her voice was immediately filled with concern

"No Naya I'm fine I just called you because.... I missed you" I mumbled the last part.

She stayed quiet before speaking up "I sorta miss you too" I could her the nervousness in her voice.

"Um I actually called you to ask you something" I started fidgeting with my fingers

"What's that?" She said out of curiosity

"goonadatewithme" I said rather fast

"Demi can you speak a little slower por favor" Oh my god my heart just skipped a beat hearing her talk spanish

"Do you maybe want to....go on a date...with me?" I asked in a hopeful voice

"Yeah. Sure when?" I fist pumped once I hear her say yes, I mean after all she couldn't see me

"Here? Tomorrow at 4. I know it's early for a date but I kinda want to spend the day watching movies and stuff like that....with you" I said kinda shyly

"Awww that's cute. Yeah sure I'll be there if it involves cuddling up with you" I could practically see her sending me one of her signature winks though the phone

"Okay great! See you then" Once I hung up I dialed Leas number quick

"Hey De-"

"Guess who got a date?!? Me! And with Naya, oh my god is this even real? is this what feeling happy feels like" She only laughed

"Okay well good luck on your date Demi, make the best out of it" She hung up.

After I spend the whole day fantasizing about me and Naya and getting married....woah too soon, you aren't even together....yet. Before I knew it it was time for sleep time and I drifted off into a deep sleep.
____________

I spend my whole day trying to think of ways to make this date at least a little more romantic, I mean just staying in and doing nothing isn't romantic.

At the end I thought of something brilliant. A simple indoor picnic. Its dumb I know but I mean as long as Naya is impressed then I'm okay. I started setting up little things around the living room, I actually got up and did everything instead of being on my wheelchair. I set a blanket on the floor of empty space in front of the tv, I had a fire place but I never actually turned it on, this would probably be my first time turning it on in this place. I mean it was midway through October so I really had no reason to turn it on since isn't that cold,but yet I find myself turning it on for Naya just for her, all of this for her. I looked around the room making sure it's clean around the living room. I gave myself a pat in the back for all of this and made my way to my room to get ready.