Chapter 33

It's been a couple of hours since Jen left, and since then my mind has been going crazy, what if it was Naya? She's right down the hall from here, there's a possibility that it could've been her. Then again Jen would've told me right away, right? I mean right?!

All the possibilities running through my head just wouldn't stop. By 1 in the morning I was still awake looking at particularly nothing. I couldn't watch tv because supposedly the doctor said it would 'cause a headache'. I found that unbelievable but I still didn't do it, since I didn't want to risk it.

Around 3 a.m I was starting to go to sleep, then I heard the door open quietly and shut quietly. My head shot up so fast that it kind of made me feel a little light headed making me hold my head.

"I'm sorry, I didn't meant to do that" Jen whispered as she came and sat on the chair next to me "I thought you were asleep"

"Couldn't sleep" I shrugged

"What's on your mind?"

"Just stuff...a lot of stuff. I just really want Naya to be here, holding me" her whole demeanor changed after I said that

"I'm sorry. So deeply sorry" she said out of nowhere. I looked at her confused but she got up and looked at me "Naya is in good hands with Dr. Espenshade as her doctor" She said before leaving. I looked around the room and just stared at the ceiling repeating Jen's words over and over again in my head. Shes in good hands.

The next day I woke up with a major headache, it was pretty bad, that I couldn't even open my eyes. I pressed the button to call for help and Jen came running towards me, but once she saw me holding my head she knew what was happening

"Okay I'll be right back. I need to inform your doctor" She left. A couple of seconds later the doctor came rushing in

"Okay just drunk these pills and your pain will subside in a couple of minutes I promise. Just to inform you, it will make you-" I grabbed the pills from him and swallowed them like nothing. I looked at him and all of a sudden I started feeling drowsy and everything got blurry

"The pills are very strong" was the last thing I heard before completely passing out.
___________

I opened my eyes and sat up on the bed. I noticed there was a bag that was next to me. That wasn't my bag but it looked familiar.

"Demi? You're awake?!" I looked at the door and Marissa was standing there next to Lea and Chris. "I missed you so much! Everyone missed you" I was about to talk but I couldn't. My mouth was so dry that nothing came out. I post noted at my mouth and Lea understood, she pointed at the water bottle that was brand new next to me. I opened it fast and drank almost most of the bottle.

Clearing my throat I looked at them "Hi" I simply said making all of them surround me in hugs "Where's Naya?" I said sound like an audible whisper. I saw them exchange looks to each other.

"Naya..." Chris started off

"She's, not here" Lea said nervously biting her lip

"She passed away" Marissa finally said. All of a sudden I felt like I was about to pass out

"Demi?!" I felt my eyes go to the back of my head

"Dems?" I heard that voice. Nayas voice, and all of a sudden I woke up and I immediately looked around to see where I was at. I was at the hospital...alone.

I started getting up trying to maintain my balance. I didn't want to fall, especially since I started feeling dizzy and I felt like I could just pass out right here on the floor. I went to the restroom looking at myself in the mirror and I saw me, myself. I stood there for a moment looking at myself. Naya? I need to see her. It was all just a dream, a bad dream. She couldn't be dead right? It was all a bad dream. I looked at myself again in the mirror and started backing away from it. I really wanted to see Naya. I started exiting my room and looked around for any doctors or nurses...it was empty. I walked slowly down the hall to where Nayas room was placed and I constantly heard footsteps behind me which made me wonder who was behind me, then again I didn't want to look back because I didn't want to find out who was the person behind me.

Once I was in front of Nayas room I looked back slowly and saw Jen following me

"What are you doing?! You're supposed to be safe and sound in your bed" She whispered

"Naya. I want to see her" I opened the door and started going inside the room, it was empty. All those thoughts came back to mind "Where is she?" Jen looked down

"She got moved across the hospital. She needed to be monitored 24/7 at the condition she's in that's why" I felt hot tears dripping down my cheeks "Hey. It's okay. You'll both be out of here in no time. I heard that you should be out by Tuesday" It was Sunday, only 2 more days.
_______________

Tuesday came by faster than I thought. I hadn't seen Naya since that day when Jen took me to go see her.

"You'll be fine. Just in case your head starts hurting take these. my doctor gestured to the prescription pills they had given me. I nodded. I just wanted to get out of here already.

"Any chance I can see my girlfriend?"

"Yes. Naya Rivera right?" I nodded urgently "Shes in room 235. It's across the hospital so you have to take the elevator. You can see her, just for a while" I started walking fast and 20 minutes later after taking all of these elevators and trying to find the room I finally made it. I opened the door and I saw a doctor standing there.

"Oh! A guest" The doctor said "I'm Dr. Espenshade. Pleasure to meet you Miss Demi Lovato" I looked at him awkwardly

"Thank you. It's a pleasure to meet you too" I told him making him smile. I looked at Naya who was still laying in bed like she was dead. Motionless. Eyes closed. Soft breathing. Certainly not dead.

I approached her and sat next to her "I've been monitoring her these past couple of days if your worried something may happen. She's doing pretty well" I grabbed her hand "And so far she's- her heart rate is picking up" He out of nowhere said making me furrow my eyebrows and look at the monitor where her heartbeat was going at a pretty fast pace. I looked at her and let go of her hand for a moment. "It's slowing down" he said. I grabbed her hand again caressing it and her heart started beating faster as displayed in the monitor.

"I see why" He smiled looking at our hands "I'll let you be" Once he left I looked at Naya

"Can you hear me Naya?" I looked at her and nothing "Can you give me some sort of sign that you can hear me?" Nothing. I sighed and looked at the monitor where her heart started beating at a normal pace now

"Naya. I love you, you're the love of my life and I hope we can get married some day" I told her seeing her heart in the monitor pick up. I guess she can hear me.

------------------------------------------------------

This wasn't that good.

Any ideas for the next couple of chapters?