Chapter 35

It was 9 am. I usually came by this hour to check on Naya in the hospital and how she was doing. Of course she was asleep at the time so I wouldn't be able to see her and talk to her but I didn't want to talk to her. I didn't want to see those eyes that I fell so in love with, knowing that she doesn't even remember me, or doesn't even remember when we first met or when our first kiss happened. Or when we first told each other we love each other. That honestly breaks my heart, I feel like I'm in love with someone that doesn't love me back, and that I should just move on because she won't get her memory back...then again there's always that voice, that in the back of my head saying that she will remember if you just try and make her remember, being more optimistic about it.

I walked around the hospital which has become know to me these past weeks. Once I arrived outside her room I opened the door slowly being careful not to wake her up. Shutting the door quietly I entered making my way inside.

"Hi" I jumped up when I heard a voice, her voice. I looked at her not knowing what to do...or say.

"Uh...h-hi" Jeez stuttering. It's like I'm talking to my crush...or better yet someone that I love.

"I saw you here the other time with two other people. I never got your name?" She sat up on the bed and smiled at me softly

"Demi. Demi Lovato" So smooth Demi, you're not James Bond.

"Oh nice to meet you Demi. I'm Naya, although you must know me because you're my friend" I just got friend zoned by Naya.

"Yup. Definitely your friend" I chuckled. I sat on the chair next to her bed and faved her bed

"So why are you here?" She asked cocking her head to the side a little like a puppy

"Um..." I looked down before staring at her "Just wanted to check in" she smiled

"You're such a great friend Demi. I bet you were one of my bestest friends, and if I could remember all of our happy times together then I would but I can't" she frowned "I guess we'll just have to make new memories together" she said looking at me with this familiar look she used to do when she tried not to act or look awkward but it just made her even more awkward

"Yeah..."
_____________
(2 weeks later)

"Just sign this and she'll be ready to go" I quickly signed the paper stating they had taken care of Naya and that she was free to go "Okay thank you. You can now go to her room" I entered her room quietly. I knew she wasn't asleep. Ever since she found out I came to visit her every morning she woke up earlier and by the time I was here she was already waiting for my company. I feel that every time I came we got closer and closer to each other if that was possible. At one point we were both staring at each other for a serious amount of time until one of the nurses came in breaking our eye contact, that was a week ago.

"So ready to go?" I said excitedly

"Definitely" She was already on her wheelchair and by hospital law you have to take patients by a wheelchair, not sure why.

Once we were outside the hospital, my car was waiting in front of it "Okay can you walk?"
She nodded and stood up like nothing
"Okay grab my hand, the doctor said your legs might be weak because your legs don't have as much muscle as they did 2 months ago" she grabbed my hand softly gripping on it tightly. She sat on the passenger seat quickly when we got to my car and I went running to the drivers seat wanting to get out of here.

"Put your seatbelt on" I told her making her furrow her eyebrows. Don't tell me she forgot what that is too. "Your seatbelt" I told her again. she gave me a confused look making me sigh. I reached over to her side and grabbed her seatbelt buckling it up