xlviii. Flying South

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

chapter forty eight | flying south

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

"WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?"

Jaeden was the first to speak, once Umbridge had left alongside Harry and Hermione. Kaya crossed her arms and her eyes flicked between people, her expression clearly asking the same thing.

"Well we can't explain it with these prats around, can we?"

"What do you mean, you can't explain it?" Malfoy sneered, appearing to still be bitter about not being able to see what Harry and Hermione had planned. "The mudblo-"

Diana kicked him and he winced.

"-Granger already told Umbridge everything, the wimp was so scared of getting scolded, she backstabbed you all and told her the truth. I daresay that might actually be one of her best decisions-"

"Oh, for fucks sake, will you shut your hole?" Maddie interrupted, giving the bleach haired boy a dirty look before switching her gaze to everyone else held hostage. "Are we getting out of here, or not?"

The Inquisitoral Squad seemed rather baffled by her bluntness.

"Of course you aren't," Millicent Bulstrode said. "There's nothing you can do for us to even consider letting you out - so just give up,"

"Well, then, in that case-" Ron began, but a huge crash sounded, and he flinched.

Every one Umbridge's lights that had been scattered around her office had fully exploded, glass shattered and sent flying all around the room.

Kaya covered her face with her arm, as did everyone else in the room, meaning the Inquisitorial Squad let go of their captives in shock and to protect themselves from the shards of glass. Nobody took this opportunity for granted - Diana dived forward, seizing the wands Malfoy had previously held tightly in his hands.

Kaya used a few Stunning Spells, once retrieving her own wand, and Jaeden disarmed almost everyone that could prevent their escape. The Ravenclaw girl next to Luna even pulled off some perfect Confundus Charms, leaving many of the Inquisitorial Squad firing spells in the complete wrong direction or even saying the words wrong. Neville Longbottom fired an impressive Impediment Jinx.

And then one of Kaya's highlights was Ginny Weasley's Bat Bogey Hex, aimed straight at Malfoy, which left him swarmed. Maddie had definitely made sure he could hear her great, obnoxious cackle at the state of him, before her friend Jess discovered from looking out the window that Harry and Hermione were bringing Umbridge into the Forbidden Forest.

With that, those who had been captured left swiftly, all with the same intention of following the two Gryffindors.

"Okay, who broke the lights?" the Ravenclaw boy asked the group, with a tone of both satisfaction and awe.