xxxvii. Suspicions

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

chapter thirty seven | suspicions

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

THE IDEA OF THE Secret Meetings arranged by Harry Potter was extremely canny - and everyone that had attended the gathering at the Hog's Head left enthusiastically, already excited for when the first official session would be. They were pretty crafty, alright.

But unfortunately, so was Dolores Umbridge.

And so, Kaya's high spirits were dragged down at the sight of another brand new notice appear on the Hufflepuff notice board, assumedly placed in the other three Common Rooms, too, printed in large black letters with a highly official-looking seal at the bottom beside a neat and curly signature - one that made the two seventh year Hufflepuffs turn their noses up in disgust.

BY ORDER OF THE HIGH INQUISITOR OF HOGWARTS

All student organisations, societies, teams, groups and clubs are henceforth disbanded.

An organisation, society, team, group of club his hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students.

Permission to re-form maybe sought from the High Inquisitor (Dolores Umbridge)

No student organisation, society, team, group or club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor

Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an organisation, society, team, group or club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.

The above is in accordance to Educational Decree Number Twenty Four.

Signed: Dolores Jane Umbridge, High Inquisitor

"She's such a horrible, old bitch!" Kaya said loudly, once finishing reading the new notice, not caring about the amount of people in front or behind her, reading the same notice.

"D'you think she knows?" Maisie muttered to her, as the two exited the room to head to the Great Hall.

"There's no way," Kaya said, although she, too, was unconvinced. "Unless someone told her?"

"I bet it was Smith," Maisie sneered, glancing around with a dirty look, as though scanning to see if he was present.

"I swear, if it is, I'll..." Kaya trailed off. "What about those three Slytherins that turned up uninvited? D'you think they were undercover, trying to find some information out from Harry? Considering they were uninvited."