xlv. Alfie

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

chapter forty five | alfie

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

THE DOOR TO THE ROOM OF REQUIREMENT opened and closed. Kaya looked around to see who had entered, and stood confused for a few seconds until her eyes caught sight of a small house elf tugging at Harry's clothes somewhere near the knee. The brunette exchanged a confused look with Fred, as did many others, when all members of the DA started to fall silent.

The few Patronuses that had been conjured just before the elf entered faded, and Kaya couldn't help but feel the room starting to feel uncomfortably dark.

"Harry Potter, sir..." the elf squeaked, trembling from head to foot. "Harry Potter, sir... Dobby has come to warn you... but the house-elves have been warned not to tell,"

"Warn?" Milo repeated in a small mutter, his brows furrowing. "Warn Harry what?"

The thing was, Kaya could already feel in the pit of her stomach the very thing everyone was dreading was about to happen. Because, when a panicking house elf shows up trembling, and rushes over to Harry Potter to 'warn him', there was only so many options that could be thought of that would matter to Harry, right now. And the option at the very top of the list was Dolores Umbridge finding out about the D.A. It didn't take a seer to know this was it, even before the house elf (who was now charging his head at the wall?) even had the chance to say 'she'.

"Who's 'she', Dobby?"

Did Harry really have to ask?

The elf looked up at him, slightly cross eyed, and mouthed wordlessly.

"Umbridge?"

The house elf nodded, and tried to bang his head on Harry's knees. Harry held him at arm's length.

"Bollocks," said Jaeden.

"Yeah, we've got to go," said Maisie, picking up her bag that had been placed on the floor. Kaya and the rest of her friends did the same.

"What about her? Dobby - she hasn't found out about this - about us - about the DA?"

But, at this point, even Harry knew the answer.

"Is she coming?"

The elf let out a howl.

"Yes, Harry Potter, yes!"

There was a pause, where many scrambled to get to the doorway, and others seemed to freeze, completely stunned.

"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?" Harry bellowed, for some people were still standing motionless, staring with terrified expressions at the house elf. "RUN!"