xli. Pure Euphoria

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

chapter forty one | pure euphoria

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

AFTER CHRISTMAS LUNCH, the Weasleys, as well as Harry and Hermione, left to go and see Arthur, leaving Kaya and her friends in the living room, muggle Christmas songs blasting off a phonograph, again, thanks to Kaya's ability to manage to keep herself in control of the music. She will fight if someone tries to turn it off.

"Yeah! Keep playing those muggle songs, K," Sirius had said happily, striding into the room, to which Kaya greeted him with a grin. "Hopefully Kreacher might stay out of the way, if he hears them. We don't want his mistress knowing he's been listening to the horrifying tunes of non-magic folk," he added, sarcastically.

The four laughed, and the man sat himself down in one of the comfy armchairs, smiling.

"How're all you, then?" he said. "Having a good Christmas?"

"Yeah," said Jaeden, through a mouthful of chocolate. "Especially being away from Umbridge,"

Sirius chuckled. "I bet. I wouldn't have been able to put up with her as a teacher either, from what I've heard. But hey, at least you'll only have her for a year. It's your last year, isn't it?"

The four murmured a 'yeah'.

"Not quite sure how," said Cher, lightheartedly, as she strode in with her husband. "I don't think they've grown up enough, quite yet, to leave school,"

"Neither have I," said Sirius. Kaya let out a laugh. "Got any idea of what you want to do, when you leave?"

Ah, there it was. The dreaded question. Yes, Kaya knew she wanted to pursue music further, but shit, didn't she feel embarrassed to say it. It felt like such a childish dream.

"I'm thinking about becoming a Magizoologist," said Jaeden, thoughtfully. "I'm good at Care of Magical Creatures. And it'd be an interesting job, I reckon,"

"Ah, yeah," Sirius nodded. "And then write a book, like Newt Scamander?"

"Er... maybe," said Jaeden. "I'm not the best writer... Kaya's the poet here,"

"What about you, Miles?" asked Cher.

"To be fair, I don't really know," the blonde shrugged. "McGonagall told me she reckons I'd be a good Healer, because I'm apparently so committed... and I do alright in school, I s'pose,"