vii. The Tri-Wizard Tournament

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

chapter seven | the tri-wizard tournament

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

TIME PASSED and after a while, Dumbledore stood up yet again.

"So!" he said. Kaya was stuffed and so ready for bed, she physically couldn't wait. "Now that we are all fed and watered, I must once more ask for your attention, while I give out notices."

"Here we go," Maisie yawned. "Something from Filch, no doubt,"

"Mr Filch, the caretaker-"

Maisie, Kaya and Cedric quietly chuckled.

"-has asked me to tell you that the list of objects forbidden inside the castle has this year been extended. It now includes Screaming Yo-Yo's, Fanged Frisbees, and Ever-Bashing Boomerangs. The full list comprises somewhat four hundred items, and can be viewed in Mr Filch's office, if anybody would like to check it."

He paused, Kaya then exchanging a tired glance with Jaeden across the room.

"As ever, I would like to remind you all that the forest on the grounds is out-of-bounds to students, as is the village of Hogsmeade to all below third year..."

"No offence, but could he please hurry up?" Maisie muttered.

"It is also my painful duty to inform you that the Inter-House Quidditch Cup will not take place this year,"

Kaya shot up from leaning forward on the table and her eyes widened.

"WHAT?" she and Cedric said entirely in sync. Maisie raised her eyebrows in surprise.

There was a huge uproar from students of all years in all houses. Kaya had completely frozen in shock. Jaeden looked like he'd just been slapped in the face and Milo like he'd lost a limb. Maisie was laughing at them all.

"Why?!" Kaya said. Cedric shook his head, also not having a clue.

"It better be a fucking good reason," she said. "I practiced all summer! I was gonna kick Jae's ass!"

"This is due to an event that will be starting in October, and continuing throughout the school year, taking up as much of the teachers' time and energy. But I am sure you will all enjoy it immensely,"

"We better," Kaya mumbled.

"I have a great pleasure in announcing that this year at Hogwarts-"

The massive doors that were the entrance to the hall swung open with a large crash, causing many students to jump. Every head in the hall turned to see a man standing in the doorway, before he began to limp to the teacher's table.