xi. Potter Stinks!

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

chapter eleven | potter stinks!

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

WRONG.

It wasn't long before the news got out that Harry Potter would, for some odd reason, be competing in the tournament. Kaya could not grasp what was going on in Dumbledore's head at the time of deciding. She also found out McGonagall was furious about it - which was understandable.

What was worse was that somebody - probably Draco Malfoy - had created some insulting badges. They flashed between two phrases, "Support Cedric Diggory - The Real Hogwarts Champion" in luminous red letters, and "Potter Stinks" in a glowing foul green.

Kaya, Maisie and Cedric had probably never hated being Hufflepuff so much - they were surprisingly the worst when it came to bashing Harry Potter - Slytherin almost being just as bad, but that was definitely more of a personal reason than just wanting to support Cedric.

The group had even stopped coming to eat at Hufflepuff table completely - even if Maisie and Kaya got to the hall first, they'd head over to see Alfie and Jaeden and sit next to them, any reason not to spend their time eating with Hufflepuff boys and girls breathing down their necks. They couldn't stand being attacked during every meal because they were two of the few amount of Hufflepuff's not wearing 'Potter Stinks' badges.

Today they were extra desperate - Milo and Jaeden weren't here yet, and neither were Alfie or Jeremy - so they sat with the Weasley twins, sitting next to Lee Jordan. Harry Potter and Hermione Granger were also a few seats down. Fred was pretty jolly that the girls had decided to join them.

"And what brings you two here?" asked George.

"We don't want to be a part of that," said Maisie, nodding towards the table of which had students sitting with yellow ties and (most of them, anyway) a Potter Stinks badge.

"They're doing my head in," said Kaya. "Even when we're just sitting in the common room, some of them like to harass us because apparently we're 'not being true friends to Cedric' and 'we're going against our house'. Seriously, they wanna get a life."

"I'm gonna need a restraining order," said Maisie. "We're sleeping with one eye open, scared they're gonna pin one of those badges on us in our sleep."

"It is a tad over the top," said Lee.

"A tad?" said Kaya. "The boy's fourteen with people as old as seventeen picking on him, bless him. All because his name came out of a Goblet!"

It was then they were joined by Milo and Jaeden, sitting down opposite the two girls.

"Oh for fuck's sake," said Kaya to Jaeden, holding a circular object, his hand covering the familiar foul green lettering. "What's that doing in your hand?"