00 | prologue

00 | prologue

_______________

a l i c i a

_______________

They say love is pure, painful, sweet, and dreadful - all at once. Truth is, love is a basic necessity in everyone's life. Everyone needs to be loved to live a proper and healthy life. Love has various definitions and if you ask someone, they will give you their own definition of it. Most of the time it is a variety of feelings, emotions, and attitude and for the majority of people, love is more than just being physically attracted in someone, it's an emotional attachment.

Ever since I was a little kid, I was led to believe that one day I will be fortunate enough as to find my own definition for that word, but all these years later I'm not sure love is for me. After all, if I want to be a successful businesswoman, there is neither time nor space for it.

"Alicia, breakfast is ready!", I heard a voice that instantly interrupted my train of thoughts.

"I'll be right down , dad!", I replied.

For as long as I can remember it's just been me and my dad, but he was never really in the picture either. You see, my father, Adam Jones was one of the most successful businessmen in the States and I wanted to follow in his steps. As for my mother, she left when I was a few months old in order to pursue her career as an artist. If what dad says is true, she was extremely talented and I'm happy for her, but that doesn't mean that there hadn't been times when I wished she was here, by my side.

I got up from the bed, took a shower, washed both my face and teeth, got ready and did my makeup even though I knew I was already late, I still took my time. I went down to have at least some breakfast before I leave and I saw dad getting nervous after receiving a message and I tried asking if something had happened but I didn't receive an answer.

"Oh god, I'm sorry Al, I need to head to the office. I love you and don't forget to apologise to Caleb for being late.", he said as he got up in zero time, gave me a kiss on the forehead and started heading towards the main entrance. I was used to him leaving like this.

Caleb Danvers. Also known as my boss , an extremely handsome man and one of my dad's closest friend's kid, hence how he arranged this job for me. Caleb is just a few years older than me, almost three. Yet, he has his own successful company and dare I say, he's actually good at his job and running it.

When we were little kids we spent most of our time together as him and his family lived right next door. In fact, I remember ever since middle school I had this huge crush over him, but I'm pretty sure I'm over it by now.

I mean it's been years, right? I'm pretty sure a part of him always knew how I felt and I think(?) it was mutual.

Oh my god, get you shit together miss girl, you can't fuck your boss.

hey sluts. hope you like the start, things are about to become a lot dirtier in a couple chapters.