14

a l i c i a

_______________

I woke up the next day and for the first time in a while, with a smile on my face. At least, until I picked up my phone and saw the time.

8:45am. Shit.

I'm gonna be fucking late and Caleb is with no doubt going to be mad. In a matter of seconds I jumped off the bed and stormed into the bathroom, angry at myself for not waking up on time.

By the time I was done with showering, picking out my outfit and doing my makeup, it was already 9:20am. Fuck. I left the house without eating anything and got into my car.

I was outside the company in no time. I rushed inside, decided not to wait for the elevator and went straight for the stairs. Soon I realised the mistake I made as the office was on the last floor and I lost counting after the tenth one. Plus, the heels didn't offer much help to my situation.

I should have taken the elevator. Giving up at whatever floor I was in, I started looking for it and when I finally found it, I waited and got in, pressing the button to the last floor. I checked my phone one last time.

9:50am. Caleb was gonna be furious.

I made it to the office and standing outside, I took a deep breath and pushed open and huge glass doors. Caleb's eyes immediately met mine and then scanned my whole body.

"Do I even have to say anything about you being fucking late, AGAIN?", he shouted at me making me flinch back. He got up from his seat and started walking towards me, his eyes being glued to my neck.

Oh no. Please tell me I did not forget about the hickies.

He was now inches away from me and I could feel the warmth radiating off of his body. His blue eyes turned a few shades darker and were now filled with anger.

"All I'm gonna ask for is his fucking name.", he whispered, grabbed my chin and turned my head to the side, taking a better look at it. I could tell he didn't care if people saw us.

"Oh, how cute. He actually cares now.", I fake pouted and it made him even more angry.

"Alicia, just give me the fucking name.", he continued.

"Let go of me, Caleb. You're the one who was cheating all along, so I'm pretty sure you have no right to be mad right now.", I added.

"You're fucking mine. What part of that don't you understand? No one else can touch you, kiss you, or actually do anything to you.", at this point he was yelling at me.

"No I'm not fucking yours, so stop trying to control me. You had me and you lost me. It's that fucking simple. What part don't YOU understand, Caleb?", I yelled back at him.

"Caleb? Alicia? What the fuck?", Caleb didn't even bother to take his hand off of me or even turn around to see who it was. He kept staring at me, so I took a few steps back and I pushed him out of my way, knowing damn well who was standing at the door.

Marcus.

"Grey? What are you doing here?", Caleb turned around and asked.

"I uh- I came to see you two.", he replied, but the whole time he was looking at me.

"Wait. You know each other?", Caleb asked again.

For the love of god, this can't be happening right now.

"Uh, yeah we know each other. I'm the reason why she has those.", he pointed at my neck.

"You're the reason for WHAT?", he yelled yet again.

"Caleb, don't even start. Marcus, please I can explain.", I said trying to calm both of them down.

"No. It's actually pretty clear to me.", he said and walked out of the office. It took me a few minutes to fully come to terms with what just happened.

"You know what? Fuck you Caleb.", I spat and grabbed my stuff, seeing him approaching him.

"You already have.", he whispered, but I ignored him and left.

I walked out and saw him. Thank god Marcus was still waiting for the elevator.

"Mar-", I was interrupted.

"You don't have to explain anything. We're not even together. It's just that I thought there could be something between us and I was sure you could feel it too.", he did not seem upset, just disappointed.

Good job, Alicia.

"No, you don't understand. I don't feel anything towards Caleb.", I replied confidently.

"Nah, I don't know Jones. I saw how you looked at him an how he looked at you.", he said entering the elevator and I followed.

How did I look at him?

"How long were you standing there?", I asked terrified that he heard Caleb calling me his.

"Long enough.", he sighed. 

"Sure me and Caleb go way back, I mean I've known the guy since I was a kid. And I'm not gonna lie to you, we both had feelings for each other for a long time, but we don't belong together. It's over and-", just as I was about to continue, the doors opened and more people got inside.

Awkward silence filled the space and after a minute or so, we were finally on the ground floor. As the doors open and everyone rushes to leave, including Marcus, I get in his way, trying to stop him.

"Marcus please. Let me show you how much I want you. Not him, you."

"And how exactly are you gonna do that, Jones? Huh?", he looks at me straight in the eyes.

I don't even question it when I grab him by the back of his neck and seal our lips with one passionate kiss.

God I love kissing him.

He stands still for a moment probably surprised by my move but then his soft lips start moving against mine and it takes more than a few seconds for me to realise that we are kissing in the middle of a room filled with people. He breaks the kiss and with his hand he forces my chin up so that I'm looking at him and not the floor.

"I'm so done being nice. I'm gonna fuck you right now, in this building knowing damn Caleb is somewhere in here too totally clueless of what I'm doing to you."

--

hey, i started writing this chapter MONTHS ago but i just couldn't finish it. anyways, i just want to thank you all for encouraging me to continue <3