The Crackhead In The Skirt

Five pov

Firstly, I needed to find y/n, because those dumbasses weren’t going to take her away from me again.

Secondly, I needed to spy on the Meritech guy, he said that he knew nothing about the eye, but I didn’t trust him.

I grabbed Delores and placed her in a duffle bag, “Don’t worry, we’ll find them Delores.” I said as I zipped up the duffle bag so just her face was popping out. I then proceeded to climb down the ladder outside my window as I wanted to avoid conversation and questions.

Unfortunately, as I climbed out of the window, I heard the familiar voice of a high Klaus roaming around in the dumpster. He was shouting something about Pogo and dad’s stuff.

“I’d ask what you’re up to Klaus, but then it occurred to me… I don’t care.” I said as I jumped down the rest of the way.

Klaus spotted me and laughed, “Heyyyyy.” Oh jees… He was so drunk, “You know there are easier ways to get out of the house buddy?”

Did he just call me buddy? “This way involved less talking, or so I thought.” I started to walk away, but Klaus wasn’t ready for me to leave yet.

“Hey, hey, hey, so… You need any company today?” He took a swig from the flask in his hand, “I could, uh, clear my schedule.”

Poor Klaus, he just wanted company with someone other than the voices in his head and the imaginary friends he talked to. I kind of felt sorry for him, but not enough to bring him with me, as he probably was also doing it for drug money.

“Looks like you have your hands full.” I smiled at him.

“Oh this? No no, I can do this any day. I’m just…” He flops back into the bin, which created a loud clatter of glasses breaking, “I just misplaced something. That’s all.” He disappeared in the bin for a while, then popped back up, “OH! I- I found it. Thank god.” He showed me half a moldy old bagel and shoved it his mouth, I suppressed a gag and so did he, “Delicious.”

“I’m done funding your drug habit.” I walked off, ignoring Klaus’ shouts.

I spotted a van and spacial jumped inside. I kickstarted the van, changed the gear and sped off down the alleyway.

I didn’t know where I was going because I didn’t know where y/n was, but I’ll find her. I promised myself and Delores.

I drove back to Gimble Brothers to see if there were any traces of tyre marks I could follow, but there was nothing, nothing at all. I punched the steering wheel with my fist and started to go berserk.

“I am going to KILL those assholes!” I shouted, ignoring the scared faces of the customers looking in the van.

Y/n pov

Hazel was out getting doughnuts, and Cha Cha was asleep. They wanted to raid the Umbrella Academy house to find Five, so I had to warn him.

I grabbed Anthony and placed him carefully in a duffle bag and zipped it up so just his head was popping out, “We’re going to find them Anthony, we are going to find them and save them. Then we need to stop the end of the f**ing world.”

“Okay but shush because you’ll wake up bitch face over there.”

I stood up and slowly crept to the door, trying to dodge the parts of the floor that I knew creaked. When I got to the door, I slowly opened it, but then I heard Cha Cha stir. I spun my head round quickly, my heart quickly beating in my chest. I watched as she grabbed the covers and rolled over, and I had to hold in a sigh of relief. I crept out of the door and ran down the stairs.

I didn’t know where the Umbrella Academy was, so I would have to find the address, so I decided to head to the library and search the computers. I knew where it was because we passed it not long ago.

When I got into the huge, stone building, it wasn’t that busy. I scanned my surroundings, just mazes of books really… were there even any computers?

I decided to go on a leisurely stroll to look for the computers. I passed a few people, most of them were older, like in their 50s to 60s… My kind of people.

As I passed two women, in their late 50s, I smiled at them and tried to start conversation. I wanted to talk about something sensible like quantum theory or thermodynamics, but all the women said were,

“Aren’t you a pretty girl, would you like a dollar for some candy?”

“Hahahaha, she thinks you’re a little girl.” I heard Anthony say. I had to bite my bottom lip to prevent myself screaming at all of them.

I forced a smile, “No thank you, I’ll be okay. Do you happen to know where the computers are? I need to print… a picture of… Justin Bieber.” I did everything in my fire power to stop myself from gagging.

“My first celebrity crush was Tom Hanks.” One of the lady’s chuckled.

“Really? Mine was Denzel Washington.” The other said.

I didn’t have time for this, “Lovely... now, the computers?”

“Just up the stairs to your right sweetheart. Enjoy your picture of Justin Bieber!”

“Thank you.”

I managed to find the location fairly quickly, so I walked out of the library and down the street.

I found the building which wasn’t very hard to miss considering the giant umbrella on the front gate. I pulled on the gate to open it, but it didn’t.

I looked around to try and find another way in and spotted an alleyway that goes down the side of the house. I started to walk down it, and there was a ladder right next to a dumpster. I wasn’t sure whether I should climb up it as that would be intruding, but it was a life-or-death situation. However, as I grabbed the ladder, a crash came from the dumpster, followed by an “ow.”

My eyes went wide as I saw a shaggy looking man dressed in a black leather jacket, a pink scarf and a… skirt? He seemed to be roaming around the dumpster, looking for something.

“Um… Hi…” I tapped him on the shoulder. He jumped around, fists at the ready, but he relaxed when he saw me.

“Oh… hiiii… who are you?” He slurred. I could tell he was drunk due to the whiskey flask in his hand. Was this Klaus?

“My name is y/n. Are you Klaus?” I asked.

“Wha- oh yea, I’m Klaus. Y/n?” He looked behind for a moment and stared a wall intently, “Ohhhh, y/n! Five’s friend!”

“You know me? He spoke about me?” For some reason I felt butterflies in my stomach at the thought of him talking about me.

“Oh yeaaa, he looked sad though when he was telling me about you. I think he likes you yano.” He climbed out of the dumpster with great difficulty, “Are you his girlfriend?”

I blushed, “Um… Now is not the time. Is he here?” I asked.

“Oh… no, he left a few hours ago. I think he was in a hurry- Hey, you’re bleeding!” He pointed to my shoulder. I looked down to see my shirt stained with blood.

“Ugh, it’s leaked through my bandage. Do you have a bathroom Klaus?” I looked at Klaus who was whispering to a wall. I tapped him again, getting his attention, “Do you have a bathroom?”

“Huh? Oh yeah, yeah. Follow us... Me! Follow me.” He walked round to the gate and opened it.

“Wait, I tried this, but it wouldn’t open.” I said, surprised.

“Oh… you opened the wrong one, silly.” He laughed.

My face flushed with embarrassment, “Hehe…”

Sorry it took so long to update, I've been busy 🥰
Love ya'll x