Dead Buddies... How Fun

Y/n POV

We found ourselves on a bus. A woman sat opposite us and wiggled her eyebrows at Klaus, who only had a towel wrapped around his waist. I glanced worriedly at the suitcase Klaus had in his hands.

"Please be money... Please be money..." Klaus flipped the suitcase over and was about to open it.

"Wait! Klaus, don't open that!" I shouted, trying to grab it off him, forgetting that I was ghost.

"Why?" Klaus looked at me.

"It's a type of portal that takes you back in time..."

Klaus looked back at the suitcase and shrugged. He then threw it out of the bus window and laughed, "We don't want that then do we!"

I rolled my eyes, "We could have used that to save the world..." I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Ah well, we have our own personal time machine at home."

"You do?"

"Your boyfriend..." He chuckled.

"Oh right..." I laughed a humourless laugh, remembering that I could never hug him again and that I would have to say goodbye.

Klaus noticed my sadness, "Sorry, too soon..."

I noticed Ben roll his eyes at Klaus which made me smile.

When we arrived at the academy, nobody else was there, so Klaus went to take a bath and Ben and I sat outside the door because we couldn't be too far away from Klaus.

"Dead buddies... How fun..." I said sarcastically.

"I mean, it's tolerable when there's someone else. It's nice to have someone else to talk to that isn't high..." Ben sighed.

Suddenly, I felt selfish, Ben had been alone all these years and here I was moaning about being dead after a day.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"Oh, don't worry, we have each-"

Ben was interrupted by a loud bang downstairs. Ben and I stood up and walked through the door. Klaus was staring up at the ceiling, a single tear falling down his face.

"Klaus, are you okay?" Ben asked.

Klaus looked at us, "Goodness me, a little privacy." Klaus chuckled.

I sighed, "Klaus, do you mind going downstairs to see what the commotion is?"

"Fine..." Klaus stood up in the bathtub, making him completely exposed, I turned around, "I don't know why you've turned around y/n, my body is beautiful."

"Just put a towel on Klaus." Ben said.

I heard Klaus sigh and rummage around and then he walked out of the door. Ben and I followed behind.

When we got downstairs, we saw a drunk Five, a sobbing Diego and an angry Luther.

Diego POV

"Hey guys... who killed the buzz?" I turned around to see a beaten up Klaus. His eye was black, his lip was bleeding and he had a limp. He was only in a towel .

"Klaus, what happened to you?" Luther asked.

"Oh, you know, the usual, kidnappers trying to find the old man. Used me instead, but nobody noticed I was gone so... It didn't really work out." Klaus looked to the right of him for a second, "Ohh, except this police lady found me, yeah, but... she... she died..."

My heart sunk, Patch was trying to save Klaus, I felt tears stream down my face.

"Did you know her Diego?" Klaus asked, I nodded, "Damn... so many deaths.."

Five POV

"Damn... so many deaths..."

My head was spinning, and I couldn't really focus, but my attention was brought to Klaus.

"Klaus, what do you mean, so many deaths... who else?"

I saw Klaus look to the right of him, a hint of guilt and sorrow evident on his face, he nodded then looked back at me, "Y/n says hi..."

I looked at Klaus in disbelief, "What!?"

"She says that she's sorry she ran into the fire, she wanted to feel useful, but failed. She wanted to do something to make up for trying to kill you. Well not stopping Hazel and Cha Cha from killing you."

Anger surged through my veins and I spacial jumped to Klaus, holding a pen knife to his throat, "You had no right to say that. You're high Klaus, I don't know how you found out about her death, but you had NO RIGHT!"

Klaus held his arms up in surrender and let out a shaky laugh, "Listen buddy, I am not lying to you, she's right next to me, telling you to stop."

I looked to the right of Klaus, I don't know why, but I believed him, I felt her near me.

I went back to the bar and poured myself another drink, "The apocalypse is coming... we're all going to die, and if we all die, then y/n, Patch, they died for nothing."

Luther looked at me, "How long do we have..."

"About four days..."

This book is about to come to a close...