Eight Days

Y/n pov

I waited outside the donut store, because i didn’t think they would let a child into a crime scene. Hazel and cha cha were trying to get as much information as possible. I saw cha cha trying to talk to the old woman who looked traumatized, bless her.

Five really went all out in there, blood was splattered up the walls and windows, and it was a massacre.

“God Five, where are you?” i said quietly to myself.

I looked around, a small bleeping light caught my eye, i walked towards it and i noticed that it was a mall metal capsule. His tracker. I picked it up and looked at my finger, blood. His blood. He cut it out, i hope he’s okay.

“What’s that?” cha cha said from behind me, making me jump.

I showed her the tracker.

“Shit.” Cha cha whispered. She looked around, “Where’s Hazel?”

I looked around and noticed him talking with the donut lady; he looked really happy which made me smile.

Cha cha was the opposite though, “For god’s sake.”

I created a small flame and touched a plant; it slowly started to set fire.

“What are you doing?” Cha cha asked.

“Getting his attention.”

Cha cha and i walked away from the plant as someone in the building noticed. There was a big commotion and hazel looked out the window and spotted us behind a car. We signalled for him to come outside and he did.

“Was the fire really necessary?” he asked as we walked to our car.

“No, but it got your attention.”

Hazel chuckled and cha cha rolled her eyes.

“So? Where we headed?” i asked when we got into the car.

“Ishmael’s towing, we think Five is there.”

I felt a lump form in my throat, but i managed to get out a quiet okay.

Five pov

I used all my energy to special jump to Vanya’s apartment, she wasn’t in yet, so i decided to sit and rest on her chair.

Just then, i heard the jangling of keys as Vanya opens the door; she turns on the light and jumps at the sight of me, “Jesus!”

“You should have locks on your windows.” I say sarcastically.

“I live on the fourth floor.” She mutters, confused.

“Rapists can climb.” I shrug.

Vanya nods slightly, then she spots the blood on my blazer and her face contorts into concern, “Is that blood?”

“It’s nothing.” I say, trying to hide it.

“No, let me get a bandage, do you want a drink?” She asks.

“Coffee, black... please.”

Vanya nods and walks towards the kitchen and switches the kettle on, she then walks to the bathroom to get bandages

She comes back with a disinfectant wipe and bandages (Idk if that’ whatcha use but imam put that),

She rubs the wipe across my cut which stings a lot, i wince at the pain, but then she wraps it up and it feels better.

“Thank you Vanya.”

She walks over to the kitchen, “so why are you here?”

She hands me the coffee and sits down on the couch opposite me.

“Because you’re the only person i can trust.”

She looks up at me confused, but i also see... relief?

“Why do you trust me?”

“Because you’re ordinary.” That sounded better in my head. Vanya looked offended, “Because you’ll listen.”

I took a sip of my coffee to prepare myself for what i was about to say, but it didn’t work, “Got anything stronger?”

Vanya zoned out for a second, but then came back to earth with a shake of her head, “U-uh, yeah, yeah.”

She goes back to the kitchen and pours some vodka into a mug and hands it to me, “Thanks.” I take a sip, i instantly feel a little more confident.

“When i jumped into the future, do you know what i found?” Vanya shook her head, “Nothing. As far as i could tell, i was the last person alive. I never figured out what caused the apocalypse, but i do know the date it happens. We have eight days.”

Vanya looked at me in disbelief, “How did you survive?”

“Tinned food, and other food that wasn’t rotten. You know the rumour that Twinkies have an endless shelf life? Total bullshit. It was a struggle, but we adapted.”

“We?” Shit i said we. “Are you talking about y/n?”

I looked at her in disbelief, “How do you-”

“You said her name a few times when we were at the house.”

“She’s ...nobody.” i say

“Are you sure?”

“I said, she’s nobody!” I spat. I looked at vanya who was looking down at her coffee mug, “You think im crazy.”

“No...No, it’s just a lot to take in.”

I was growing impatient; i don’t have time for this, “What exactly do you not understand?”

“Well...why didn’t you just time travel back?” she asked, does she really think I’m that stupid.

“Gee, wish I’d thought of that! You think i didn’t try anything to get back to my family? You think i didn’t try to get y/n back to her dad!”

“I...I’m sorry. But dad always said that time travel can mess with your mind, maybe that’s what is happening.”

“This was a mistake; i should have never come to you. You’re too young and naive to understand.”

I walked to the door in anger. I’m so fed up, so tired, I miss y/n and I can't stop the apocalypse on my own.

“Five... Five wait, please. I haven’t seen you in a long time, and it’s late, so why don’t you just crash here tonight?”

I hesitated for a moment... but i suppose i could make her feel better and leave once she’s gone to sleep, it’s the least i could do.

“Okay, do you have a blanket?”

Merry Christmas eve you lovely lot! Hope you have a fantastic Christmas. I am not updating till next year now so.. Love you!