The Commission

Y/n POV

45 years earlier (than last chapter)

I awoke in a white room, the walls were padded with a white foamy material. I looked down and saw my hands strapped to a bed. I shook my body, but I couldn't wriggle free, I started to scream for Five. Then I remembered he left me, he wouldn't come and save me, he doesn't care.

Suddenly, I heard the door swing open and the sound of heels echoed through the room. A lady's face appeared over me. She had bright red lipstick on, and silvery blonde hair.

"YAY you're up!" she said excitedly, her accent was... Different.

"Where am I? Who are you? How did I get here? How long have i been -"

The odd lady held her hand up to shush me, "Shhh shh shh, all will be explained when it is time, for now let's get you ready."

She was about to loosen my straps to set me free when she paused for a moment, "Right, I need you to trust me... I will not harm you in any way, I want to help you and I want you to help me. So when I undo these straps, I need you to promise me that you will not go bezerk and burn the whole building down." She said rather calmly.

I hesitated for a moment before nodding slightly in agreement. As she undid the straps, I kept my promise and did not burn her face off.

After I dressed in some clothes that were provided, a white shirt, black tie, blue Blazer, blue skirt and black shoes, we walked out of the door and down the white corridor. There were a few other grey doors like mine.

"Am- am I in a mental isylum or something?" I asked, confused and scared.

The lady cackled loudly, making me feel uneasy, "No, you're in the Commission, this is just... Where some people come to... Blow off some steam..." At that moment, a loud, gurgling scream emerged from behind the grey door next to me. I stepped away, mortified.

The odd lady led me up a few flights of stairs until we ended up on a much nicer floor. It had oak flooring and there were people bustling around hurriedly. Some were carrying animal masks under their arms, which were kidna freaky, but I brushed it off.

"Sorry, but what is your name?" I asked, trying not to sound too rude.

"Call me The Handler. I run The Commission."

"The Commission?"

"This" She gestures towards the building and the many people walking around, "We monitor Time and Space. We make sure what's supposed to happen, happens."

My eyes widened, "So you like... Control what happens in time?"

She nodded, "Pretty much." She then gestured me to follow her again.

She led me up even more flights of stairs, down a hallway and through a door with a plauque which read "The Handler"

Through the door was a huge office full of all sorts of trinkets and weapons of all shapes and sizes. I stood there in awe.

The Handler made her way over to her desk and gestured me to sit opposite her. I sat.

"I'm sure your wondering why you are here y/n L/n (Last name)"

"H-how do you know my name?"

The Handler leaned back in her chair, "I know a lot more about you than you think. However, let's talk about why you're here." She sat forward again, placing her elbows on her desk, "We've been watching you for the past six months and we admire your survival skills, but when you lost control, that was fantastic. You see, if you could control when to do that, you could be extremely powerful!"

"What are you trying to say?" I asked intently.

"I want you to work with us, The Commission."

I nodded slightly, confusion washing over me, "What exactly would I do?"

"You would be an assassin!"

I stood up and backed away, hands in front of me, "n-no I can't k-kill people!"

"Relax darling. These people need to die or else the world could... Collapse in on itself."

"But I don't know how to kill!"

"We would train you, you could be the best of the best y/n"

Suddenly a flood of confidence washed over me like a tidlewave, "What's in it for me!?"

She chuckled, "Fiesty and ambitious, that's good. Well, one, you could possible see that little boyfriend of yours again."

My face flushed crimson at the word boyfriend, knowing she meant Five, "H-he's not my boyfriend and he... He left me."

The Handler looked at me and frowned, "Well maybe if he saw you again, he'd come to his senses."

I shrugged, "What else?"

The Handler laughed loudly, "I like you. Anyway, you can get a ticket home once Five has done just five years of service with us. However, we will track him for a long time to watch and monitor his survival instincts. In the meantime, you'll be trained for two years and then put in the field on your own until Five joins. Do we have ourselves a deal?"

I hesitated before sticking out my hand so she could shake it,"Deal."

She shook my hand, "You won't regret this kid."

My god that chapter felt long. Anyways, I'm sorry if this book is boring at the moment. It's going to get better, I have the plot sorta figured out 😂

Also, Oh my god, 300 reads and 18 votes. Absolutely buzzing, thank you so so much you guyssss!!! 💖

Anyways, goodnight ya'll!!!