▪️ 21 : I just want it to end! ▪️

Making a sullen face, there I was; sitting on a platform dangling over the void of darkness and now, even filled with darkness.

It was pitch black all around, totally swallowing up the thin line of light that was somehow entering from the junction of the two doors making it almost impossible for my half blind self to see anything.

I unconsciously adjusted my glasses, not that it made any difference!

With my brain having abandoned any and all possible ideas, it was totally blank but then, a small but firm sound from somewhere around me had me completely jostled from my dormant state.

"F*ck!"

My eyes widened and immediately snapped towards him before once again realizing that I can't really see anything and then I quickly began fumbling with my handbag, blindly opening its chains and rummaging through the things within to find my phone.

It was now that I regretted putting so many things in my bag thinking about how it may come in handy sometime!

I hate carrying around a handbag but when I do, I carry more things than needed because I do not know when something unnecessary will become necessary.

And then finally when I found it, I immediately placed my bag aside and then quickly turned on the torch, almost blinding Mr. Knights for a moment as he flinched while hiding his eyes behind his hand and grumbling out a loud-"F*cking remove that from my eyes!"

I placed my phone on top of my bag so that we could see other without the torch light flashing at our eyes and mumbled out an apology.

I looked back at him and it was now that I realized that he was also sitting on the floor, leaned against the wall while clutching his head. His eyes were shut extremely tight, his lips pursed and his overall expression was set in a painful grimace.

"Mr. Kni-"

"Shut up! F*cking shut up already! What kind of nurse are you? Can't you- f*ck!" He stopped shouting abruptly and groaned loudly.

What does he mean already? I was quite since so many seconds!

But I decided against informing him that as his voice was more than enough to tell me about the severity of his pain that I couldn't even begin to imagine. But what am I even supposed to do when I'm locked in an elevator and he isn't even listening to me?

Oh wait, I have his medicines in my bag and I also have a small bottle of water that I carry just like that thinking that it may be needed sometime. But, the most important question of today, will he agree to have them?

I sighed before standing up on my knees and then began speaking again but this time in a very low voice, hoping not to trigger him anymore than he already is!

"Mr. Knights, I-"

"B*tch, are you f*cking dense?" He grunted out, once again cutting me off.

"Nope! But Mr. Knight-"

"I SAID ST-"

"Please Mr. Knights, just listen to me once!! I have your medicines with me. It's very clear that you are in so much pain so why don't you-"

"NO."

"But-"

I stopped mid-sentence as he let out a painful groan while gritting his teeth in anger and frustration while closing his eyes shut. He clenched his hair in tight fists and his head was totally bent down.

But then suddenly he looked up at me. He was looking at me, but it was as if he wasn't even looking at me. His mind was somewhere else. Before I could even say something, he again started blinking rapidly and breathing heavily. He was clutching his head and hair so tightly that I feared he would pull out his hairs. He looked totally pained, confused and frustrated.