▪️7 : The Knights??▪️

Kadhai paneer, mushroom masala, hot and spicy tadka,

Accompanied by warm and freshly baked naan.

Scrumptious!

All of them aesthetically laid out on the small table in front of me, as if calling out - "eat me"!

Their delicious, delectable, delightful, lip-smacking and mouth-watering aromas,

Not even a little unappetising or unappealing,

Were creating a havoc in my head, making all my senses sigh in satisfaction.

It was out of the world.

Heaven!

The next words that suddenly left my mom's mouth were like music to my ears.

"For desert there's rasmalai kept in the refrigerator."

Oh my god!!

I think I'm going to faint!

It's been such a long time since I've had the pleasure of eating Indian food, that too, cooked by my mom herself.

My cheeks are hurting from smiling so much and I can't wait to start eating.

As soon as my mom served me, I tore a little piece off a naan and dipped it in the thick and warm gravy of paneer.

My eyelids fell down as I opened my mouth to eat but the moment the rich tastes of the Indian spices were about to hit my taste buds, suddenly, i felt my entire face drenched.

The wetness on my face immediately washed off all the heavenly feelings that were making me float in happiness.

My eyes popped open- wide and confused.

And instead of coming across the smiling face of my mom or the mouth-smacking dishes, I came across two pairs of wide and amused eyes, not more than a hand's distance from my face. 

I blinked, once..twice..and thrice

But the view didn't change at all.

What the hell!

This just means that I'm not dreaming right now.

But then doesn't that mean that I was dreaming earlier?

Which means, that was all a dream? Oh wait, of course it was.

Arghh!

"Mandy, do you think she is going to step out from her la-la land and enter our Manhattan's realm any time soon?"  

That snapped me out from the aftermath of having a tasty dream.

"Don't know, don't care! Right now I'm enjoying her expressions. Do you think i should make a little recording again?"

They both giggled but that suggestion was more than enough for me to sit up in a flash and then push their heads out of my face.

I definitely didn't want another video of my sleepy face and sleepy talks. The last one was embarrassing enough!

"Don't you two have any other work than disturbing my peace and happiness early in the morning?"

"Good morning to you too b*tch, oh wait! What I meant was good afternoon!"

"And is this how you'll greet me Aabha when huffing and puffing, I climbed up so many steps, panting like a dog just to reach your room?"

"Did you just call yourself a dog?" My tone was full of confusion.