▪ 23 : Okay sweetheart! ▪

(✿◡‿◡)

"You look constipated!"

Wait, what?

My eyes widened at his words and then immediately narrowed in annoyance.

Firstly, his behaviour is confusing the hecking heck out of me and now he has the audacity to say that I look constipated, constipated???

I was about to retort back with something equally beautiful when he beat me to it.

"Your face is getting red with anger." Once again, he said it so casually as if he was complimenting me, the amusement refusing to leave his eyes.

"Then shouldn't you shut up?"

"Should I?" He raised a perfectly arched eyebrow, looking totally contradicting to his current soft and playful voice.

"You definitely should!" My voice was a little snappy but whatever!

"Okay sweetheart!"

And that's it!

Quickly standing up, I hovered over him ignoring his startled expression.

One of my hands was beside his head on the pillow while I quickly touched his forehead with the back of my other hand and then his neck. His temperature was high but not at any worrisome level.

Just as I was about to remove my hand though, he immediately held it in his and began sitting up. I tried advising him against it but when does he ever listen? Having no choice, I held his shoulder with my other hand and helped him up. I freed my hand from his hold and then adjusted his pillow behind him so that he could comfortably lean against the headboard. After this, I was about to move back when he again held my hand.

I gave him a confused look while simultaneously trying to pull it back but all my efforts turned futile because even though he almost died, he wasn't as weak as I thought he would be.

"Do you want something, Mr. Knights?" I confusedly asked.

"Maybe!" He coyly replied.

Maybe? Maybe??

"What is this behaviour, Mr. Knights? Leave my hand!" And I'm very sure my tone delivered the bewilderment and low-key annoyance I felt at his actions.

This day has been too much on my poor soul, and is still being too much!

"What were you doing?"

"Checking your temperature, duh! And why are you suddenly being so smiley and cheeky??" I wasn't supposed to mention the last part, but oh well, I did it anyways as it's been troubling my mind since he woke up.

"Smiley and..cheeky?"

"Yes."

"You don't want me to smile?" He tilted his head slightly and asked so innocently that for a moment I was totally taken aback.

"W-what? No! That's not what I meant."

"So you want me to be happy?"

This is not right! I think the detective part of my brain is getting activated!

And it seems rather dubious of this entire ordeal.

Besides, someone doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to realise how fishy it all seems!

First, I was confused but now I'm totally sure.

It hit me like a ray of sun, burning through my tired mind;