▪️6 : She seems to be our last hope▪️

Third person's pov-

After returning from the party,

somewhere in a large mansion, in a large and modernly decorated room, sitting on couches that screamed expensive, in the corner of the room were three people, two men and a woman who were engrossed in a heavy discussion since the last thirty minutes.

The stress and worry on the woman's face was palpable as she rested her left arm on the outside arm of the couch and then placed her head on her palm. She now had her eyes closed and was softly rubbing her temple with her fingers while sitting and listening to the other two who had now stood up.

"Liam, look it's not like I don't want to, but it's just that we can't. I mean she's a girl, you remember what happened to the last girl right? And it was you only who decided that we can't assign a girl for him"

"Of course I know Leo but you need to understand when I say it that I completely trust her. I don't know why I didn't think about her before. After all she's a good nurse and is studying medicine to become a successful neurosurgeon."

"That's good Liam but we don't need a neurosurgeon as we already have you. And nurse? She's just a simple nurse. When professionals didn't last, how could she?"

This man appeared to be more than appalled at the other man's words. He couldn't understand how easily he could say- 'I think I've found what we've been looking for!' And he just couldn't understand his confidence upon this girl about whom he didn't even know until a few hours ago.

"Didn't you see how she handled the entire situation today when nobody else could? Didn't you notice her way of thinking, her determination of getting across her point by any means and her confidence."

"Of course I did Liam but that's different. We all know Candice is a very compassionate, kind and understanding girl. She's not emotionless, she actually cares. The way she behaved was because she was extremely hurt, she had lost her senses for a few minutes. But she's still
Candice, she still feels. We can't compare him and Candice. He's cold and emotionless, an..and he dose'nt care. He-"

He took a deep breath and then continued.

"You must remember how he treats everybody. You remember how he made all his previous nurses and therapists cry with just his words right? And how he twisted that doctor's wrist? Or how he threw his glass along with the hot water in it on that nurse's face? You remember right? I don't want to go through the pain of thinking about my son's condition while saying more. So I'm just asking you that do you really think she can withstand his condition. Do-" 

The lady, sensing the frustration in her husband's voice, stood up from her seat and kept her hand on his shoulder to make him calm down and then started speaking herself.

"Brother! The point here is that we all know when he gets angry, he could hurt anyone very badly and nowadays he's angry almost every time and on everyone. He gets especially very angry on all the doctors and nurses and anyone who's there to help him, except you. Firstly, he doesn't react and ignores them, acts as if they're invisible to him no matter what they say or do, he remains cold, expressionless and unbothered, he just doesn't respond. But soon he gets irritated and angry. And we all are aware of the extent of his anger, he loses control." 

"I know Mac-"

She cut him off and again started speaking but this time, without hiding the sadness and pain she was trying to suppress at her son's condition.

"When he sacred off the male professionals, how are you so sure that he wouldn't scare her off?
Since that happened, his anger has been worse, his entire condition has been worse and watching him like this, like he doesn't even know us, like we're not even worth a glance from him, it hurts so bad. It's like he doesn't care about anything anymore. He hates us. And as much as I hate to say this, when angry he loses control of himself, like he's..like he's gone crazy. And sometimes I..I think he has. What he needs is not just a nurse brother. And now after trying so much and still failing, I...I just don't know what to do anymore. I don't understand why you think she can handle him when we cant handle him. I can't even speak about his entire condition properly".