-5-

───

───

❝darling we're heaven and hell❞

"and what brings the great gojō satoru here?", reina asked, as gojō leaned against the counter of the antique cash register.

"I'm just here to preorder a cake for yūji-kun's upcoming birthday", gojō answered.

"I see, so which cake would you like and would you like any writing on it?", reina asked, taking out the menu for gojō to pick.

"mmm...the chestnut cake looks pretty good", gojō hummed.

"but so does the applesauce cake and the butter cake", the man continued.

"would you like a suggestion?", reina asked.

"no no, I feel that I should be the one to pick it out. after all, he is my precious student", gojō waved off.

"well then, please take your time and have a seat", reina gestured as there were a line of chairs for those that waited for an order, or were simply waiting for an open table.

"e-excuse me. I'm here for my granddaughter's birthday cake? it's under the name of hana?", an old woman asked, to which reina had quickly handed the old lady a foldable box with handles.

"I hope your granddaughter has an amazing eight birthday", reina smiled as the old woman only chuckled.

"thank you, reina-san".

"of course ma'am. you have a nice day and make sure to stay safe on your way home", reina instructed as the woman nodded, waving goodbye meanwhile gojō had watched the entire interaction, wondering if this was staged or fake.

"are you actually that nice?", he asked.

"nice is quite the subjective word when used to describe me, so, personal opinion I suppose", the dark-haired woman replied as she took out her pencil and sketch pad from under the counter.

gojō tilted his head from side to side as he finally made a decision on the cake.

"I'll have the cheesecake and could you write happy birthday yūji on it?", gojō finally ordered.

"for sure. that will be ¥4,057.07", reina stated, to which gojō had paid extra, though reina insisted on giving change back to the man.

"if you don't keep the change, I'll loiter here for another thirty minutes", gojō playfully threatened, to which reina had immediately kept the change, making gojō pout.