-10-

───

───

❝darling we're heaven and hell❞

"REINA, YOU'RE BACK!!"

the empress of curses smiled as she embraced her second favorite curse — with sukuna being first of course.

"mahito, I bought you a present from my outing", reina said, stroking the male's lakeshore blue hair as she received a tight squeeze from the curse.

indeed, mahito was reina's second favorite, because he never failed to intrigue her with his psychological argument about how the soul came before the body.

"no present is better than being with my empress", mahito replied, to which the woman had let out a laugh as she patted the male's back, signaling for him to let go.

"no need to flatter me, mahito. I know what you're doing and unfortunately, I won't be siding with you, jōgo, and hanami this time".

mahito pouted.

"but why? you always side with us!"

"my human's got a more interesting game for me to play", reina smirked, her fingers clenching onto the wrapped present from her various bags.

"ah, here! I think you'll look better in this", reina said, as mahito had opened the box, revealing a quirky black top with slits only on one side of the sleeves, as white lines created a checkered patted.

"reina..."

"consider it an apology for not playing with you this time", the woman said, as she loved doting on mahito, even if the man's feelings weren't exactly the most sincere.

"do you lik—"

reina suddenly felt arms embrace her from behind as strands of blue hair had intertwined with the woman's very own dark ones.

"I love it", mahito lowly muttered, his voice slightly vibrating against the crook of reina's neck.

the dark-haired woman softly chuckled as she leaned her neck against mahito's nuzzled face.

"why don't we go racing? it's been a while hasn't it?", reina asked, to which mahito had finally lifted his head and nodded.

"where?"