-18-

───

───

❝darling we're heaven and hell❞

"and then I helped her acede the throne. now she's known as the first woman, of eight, to take on the role of empress regnant", reina explained.

"ah, empress suiko~ she was said to have an impeccable character, though women at the time were quite oppressed, so it must've been you that persuaded her to take charge, huh?"

reina simply smiled as she took a sip of champagne, carefully cutting her steak, as gojō had yet to touch his food.

"is this not fitting of your palette? you've yet to pick up your utensils", reina observed.

a self-righteous smile had flickered its way onto the male's face, as if he's been expecting that question.

"I was so caught up in the way you were speaking that I couldn't divert my attention".

reina glanced upwards as she stifled a chuckle, making gojō's pride burst through the roof.

"your eloquent compliment is sadly wasted, as I tell that story on every first date I attend, with a bit of altered information of course, just so that I can evaluate the reaction of my partner".

"well? are you satisfied with my reaction, reina-chan?"

"it's not too bad, but neither is it exceedingly well. I wouldn't say that it's very memorable", reina brutally replied.

"at least I made you laugh, did I not?"

"I'll let you decide whether my laugh was out of pity or not", reina insulted, to which gojō had actually quite enjoyed their little witty remarks.

though before gojō could retort, reina's phone had buzzed, causing the woman to hold up a finger as she checked her messages.

────── 2 messages ──────

[mimiko]

miss reina, he passed out
from fighting a curse!

please come home quickly!!

[reina]

I'll be there in 10

"is something the matter?", gojō asked, seeing reina's playful expression fall into a slightly disturbed one.