Chapter 2

"I loved you at your darkest

"I loved you at your darkest." Romans 5:8

I told Luna what happened yesterday in English and she couldn't stop laughing.

She said if the elite knows who I am the whole school will know.

I would be the center of attention. And it will either be a good thing or a bad one.

I couldn't help but agree with her. I know what the elite do. They keep their eye on someone new, someone fresh, and wait until they can attack and rip that person into pieces.

I am not sure if that is what I want my life to be.

Maybe changing myself was not a good idea after all.

That's the thing I hate about myself the most. Overthinking every action I have made my entire life.

Ever since I was young the constant feeling of being valued, being accepted by those around me was something important to me.

I guess no one likes to be an outsider. I guess I never did.

But I proposed to myself to let go of everything that has been holding me back for all these years.

I will find that spark I have been searching for my whole life.

I knew coming to the Academy of the Arts was a start. A fresh start as some will say. And I wasn't going to let go of this opportunity.

I woke up extra early today to make sure I am prepared for a school day. I made breakfast, showered, got my materials ready and went for a walk before classes started.

Luna always gets up later than me since she never wants to go on morning walks with me.

But something about morning walks relaxes me. It's time for me and only me. I am able to listen to my thoughts, although some might be scary it is important to listen to your body and mind.

Looking at my phone it was 8:10 meaning I had 5 minutes left to get to class.

English here I come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I arrived Brady, Blake, and Amanda were not in the classroom.

Classmates gossiped about how they were going to be late since they are on the school board and have important meetings to attend. Of course, they will be on the school board; they literally own the school. And I am not just saying because they are popular, but their parents always donate an enormous amount of money to make sure their children are well taken care of. And by well taken care of I mean given the power to do whatever they please. Of course, everything they please except harming the school or its reputation.