Chapter 8

"Just once she wants to be somebody's first choice

"Just once she wants to be somebody's first choice."

Today is the last day to work on the project.

The weeks went by quickly and before we knew it the project was over.

During this time I did learn more about Blake than I would have ever imagined.

He is so much more different than others in the elite.

He was far more intelligent, not by his looks but he had an enormous amount of knowledge.

He did not believe he was better than the rest. Although he has what others in the world desire he works hard to accomplish his goals.

I used to envy him and for some reason now I understand him.

The world is not as perfect as we have seen in movies and have imagined at a young age.

Lying beneath everything pretty there is dust.

That is how I imagine Blake and I.

He is gold, he is something luxurious and I am simply dust.

I am simply an ordinary girl trying to get her degree and begin the life she has always dreamed of. I am simply a girl who keeps to herself while the rest of the work revolves around her. I am as simple as dust and as complicated as words.

I am however really excited about the outcome of our project. I don't know what this will mean after today. I am not sure if we will speak to each other again but at least I have this time to remember. At least I knew what lies beneath Blake Hudson. Or what he allowed me to see.

Blake and I decided to go to the park and do some final preparations.

The last time I will probably be as close to him as I have been these past few weeks.

"How about we introduce ourselves first, then talk about our goals/major, talk about our future, how we plan to achieve everything, and then lastly talk about how we are alike and different," Blake tells me while typing on his laptop.

"That sounds perfect I love it," I say cheerfully

"Is there anything else you wanted to add before turning it in," Blake asks

"I actually think we have everything. Anything you think we left out that is important." I ask Blake

"Do you want to mention our families and how they have impacted our lives and choices of what we want to major in," Blake tells me.

Two Broken HeartsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara