three

wooyoung collapsed on the bed in the apartment he rented in seoul. he just arrived after a three hours worth of train ride. it isn't a lot, but his back sure is hurting so much. after napping for a while, he got up, washed up and sat in front of the tv, turning it on to see if there were any news that might perk his interest.

"ten more millionaires report missing property. this is a new peak as all thirty-one, combined with yesterday's number, millionaires were all in the same club in myeong-dong just two nights before. police forces suspects that it is the famous stealer, choi san, who stole from the thirty-one millionaires, although it is yet to be confirmed whether or not choi had been in the club two nights ago. if you have any information on choi san, please report to the nearest police station. next up-"

wooyoung hummed at the new information he had gain. so choi san had been active in myeong-dong, huh? guess that's where he's going to be tomorrow morning. wooyoung muted the tv and focused on reading choi san's file. when he looked up again, one of the headlines along the bottom of the screen caught his eyes.

MILLIONAIRE LEE MUN-CHUNG KILLED THREE DAYS AGO IN BUSAN. KILLER STILL ON THE LOOSE.

wooyoung chuckled lightly at the headline. it's funny how he's at seoul, enjoying his life before he had to track down his target tomorrow and police forces and private investigators were still trying to find him. 

wooyoung started unpacking his stuff and packing his little backpack that he's going to bring tomorrow when looking for choi san. honestly, wooyoung only knew that choi san stole something from park junwong before, but he had no idea what choi san stole. it could be a small petty thing that park junwong still remembered or something big like basically anything park junwong owned. but either way, wooyoung is going to kill choi san and go back to busan the day after tomorrow.

however, something was bothering him. that fucking date on the inside of his left wrist. is he really going to meet his soulmate tomorrow? or is it just a bunch of bullshit? how is he even supposed to know if that person is his soulmate or not?

"focus, jung wooyoung," wooyoung told himself, "you're here to kill someone. not to fucking meet your soulmate."

but was it really a coincidence that he arrived at seoul just the day before he's supposed to meet his soulmate? or was it some kind of trick God's pulling out of his sleeves?

wooyoung groaned. why is he so distracted? "i should probably go sleep." wooyoung told himself. he glanced at the clock. 19:42. it's not that late, but he'll have to wake up early tomorrow to look for choi san and complete his mission.

wooyoung's alarm woke him up at 2:00 sharp. he woke up with ease and went to wash up. after doing so, he made sure to put his signature knife, a spare gun and his mask in his backpack and out he went. 

he took the train to jung-gu district and started looking around for any apartment complex he believed choi san lived in. he passed by a few beggars and as much as he wanted to spare some change for them, he had to find this choi san quick and return home to get his reward money. 

along the way, he spotted a few famous bars and clubs just scattered around the neighbourhood. a few millionaires that wooyoung recognised from the news were stumbling out of them and were being supported by their drivers to drive them back home. wooyoung scrunched his nose at the sight. they all looked so feeble and disgusting.

"are you lost, pretty?" a man asked from behind, sounding really drunk. wooyoung sighed, he's really fed up with dumb rich guys who thinks that they could snatch him up for the day or night. 

wooyoung wasn't one to go to bars or clubs in the late nights — or early mornings, depending on your perspective — even when he was in busan. he just simply had better things to do than to waste himself with alcohol. wooyoung turned around and was about to give the rich guy a slap on his face, only to find the guy fallen to the ground with a man behind him.

wooyoung raised his eyebrow, scanning the standing boy with curiosity. the man didn't seem to notice wooyoung since his eyes were still trained on the fallen man and clenching his right fist tightly. probably to numb the pain on his knuckles but wooyoung honestly couldn't care less.

instead of asking wooyoung whether or not he's okay like wooyoung thought he would, the man immediately crouched down and started picking the rich man's pocket. wooyoung frowned.

"hey. what are you doing?" wooyoung asked softly, trying not to attract any attention. by the looks of the man, he didn't look poor. why would he be stealing things from the rich man?

the man stopped his actions and widened his eyes. wooyoung felt the inside of his left wrist itch. is what he thinks is happening now really happening?

"oh. are you the reason why he didn't notice me?" the man asked, "got to admit, you're pretty pretty." 

wooyoung felt his blood boiling, "who are you calling pretty now?"

the man smirked, "no one. anyways, if you're not going to call the cops on me, would you please kindly help me flip him around?"

wooyoung lifted an eyebrow. nonetheless, he knelt down and helped the man flip the unconscious male around. the man's eyes glistened when he saw the contents of the male's wallet and wooyoung almost knew who the man was.

"why would i call the cops on you?" wooyoung asked, trying to confirm his suspicion. upon further inspection, the man in front of him really looks like the multiple photos of choi san he was given from park junwong.

the man looked up and wooyoung basically confirmed it was choi san. there's no mistake that it was him with those thin eyes and high cheekbones. not to mention the bright pink hair as well. "oh," the man — choi san — said, "are you not from here?"

wooyoung shook his head. now that he confirmed his target, wouldn't it be better to fish out more information out of him and maybe, just maybe flirt a bit considering how attractive the target is? wait, attractive? no, wooyoung meant decent looking. yup, definitely decent looking.

"well, i am choi san. nice to meet you, and you are?" choi san said so casually it actually caught wooyoung by surprise. how could he just tell a stranger his name so easily? wouldn't he be scared that wooyoung was secretly an agent waiting to catch choi san? really, choi san should be more careful with his name.

"is it just me or do you feel an itch on your mark, too?" wooyoung asked alternatively, trying to avoid the subject of his name. choi san blinked twice and widened his eyes.

wooyoung chuckled, "guess we're soulmates, huh?" 

choi san hummed and nodded, "since we're soulmates, don't you think it's only fair that you tell me your name?"

wooyoung rolled his eyes. "i don't tell strangers my name. perhaps if we see each other again then i'll be convinced we're destined."

choi san's lips curled up into a gorgeous grin, "we're soulmates, we're bound to meet each other again."

"not if i can help it." wooyoung rebutted. choi san's grin grew wider, "if i can't have your name, could i at least have your number?"

wooyoung was standing up and stopped until he fully stood up. he felt choi san's eyes scanning him from his head to his toe. wooyoung shrugged, "why not. give me your phone and i'll type it in."

and so, choi san did. after doing so, wooyoung texted himself a message, returned the male's phone and then started walking away. 

"meet me at jungchundan park tomorrow. do you know where that is?" choi san asked before wooyoung could completely walk out of ear shot.

wooyoung turned around, nodding, "i'll meet you there at 11."

choi san grinned, "sure, see you tomorrow."

wooyoung turned back around towards the train station with a slight frown on his face. how is he supposed to kill choi san when he's his soulmate?