thirty nine

perhaps we should rewind a bit and figure out what actually happen to the boys in the warehouse for us to end up like this.

it was a pretty normal sunday afternoon: the woosan couple going out to God knows where; seonghwa waking people up in the middle of the afternoon; hongjoong out doing groceries; hyunjin and felix sitting in their own room (felix bunks with hyunjin now) catching up and yeosang facetiming jongho, informing his boyfriend he'll come back to seoul soon.

"so, what are we doing this beautiful afternoon?" hongjoong asked once he got back from groceries and after yeosang finished facetiming jongho. something obviously happened because yeosang was not throwing snarky comments here and there, which was concerning. so seonghwa and hongjoong decided that the three of them should do something, leaving hyunjin and felix there so they could have some alone time.

"we should go to that ice cream shop everyone was talking about. i don't know about you, but i'm craving some banana boat." seonghwa said, his eyes trailing off to yeosang, who just sat there in the corner. yeosang shrugged, getting up slowly and up the stairs to prepare to go out.

seonghwa sighed, "what's wrong with him?"

"i don't know. i just hope ice cream would make him feel better." hongjoong said, "relationships suck."

seonghwa snickered, "you say that but you're in a relationship yourself. you're such a hypocrite."

"well my boyfriend doesn't live 300 something kilometres away from me, now, does he?" hongjoong grinned, leaning closer towards seonghwa as if to taunt him.

seonghwa rolled his eyes, "you'll never even be 3 kilometres away from me, i'll make sure of that."

hongjoong chuckled lightly. he backed away only to have seonghwa pull him back to his chest by pulling hongjoong's arm, "what did i just say?" he muttered.

hongjoong felt his cheeks heat up at the close proximity. and seonghwa found it really cute when hongjoong still felt so shy whenever he's close to the taller. it's just so cute.

"are you two going to stop staring into each other's eyes or what?" a voice other than yeosang's said from above. the couple looked up and saw hyunjin standing there by himself, crossing his arms in front of his chest and glaring at the couple. seonghwa shrugged, stepping away from hongjoong, "where's your soulmate?"

hyunjin shrugged. he walked down from the stairs and reached the ground floor. "he said he's gone out. i was in the toilet when he said that. did you guys not see him going out?"

seonghwa frowned, "no. well, i didn't. did you, joongie?"

hongjoong shook his head, "no. did he mention where he was going?"

"nu-uh. huh, that's weird." hyunjin noted. the two older boys nodded in agreement. where the hell is lee felix?

"uh, guys?" yeosang's voice echoed off the walls since he was yelling quite loudly, "should we be concerned that a bunch of people are heading up our way?"

seonghwa's frown deepened, "well, we are situated on a mountain. they could be going for a hike, perhaps?"

"no, no one ever comes to this mountain. the paths are too 'wild' for most hikers." hyunjin explained. he walked up to the first floor and glanced out of the window. his eyes widened, "what the hell-"

bang! bang! bang!

all four of them ducked, no matter where they were in the warehouse. they were frantically looking for cover and their weapons, which were all upstairs in their bedroom except for seonghwa's hand gun that he has with him all the time.