twenty two

knock. knock. knock.

seonghwa frowned. he wasn't expecting anyone to come visit him or anything. he got up from his seat on the sofa, muted the tv and grabbed his trusty gun from the drawer underneath the coffee table.

knock. knock. knock.

seonghwa went to the door cautiously, trying to make his steps as quiet as possible. he cocked his gun and made sure to hide it from view before asking, "who's this?"

no one answered. seonghwa took in a shaky breath and unlocked his door, opening it swiftly and lifting his gun to point at the boy standing at the doorway. the boy had a gun up facing seonghwa as well.

the two glared at each other. society had taught them not to trust anyone and that even when you see your best friend, you had to have something that only the two of you know just to confirm it is your best friend.

"you hate cutting your toast from the corners because you don't know where to start eating it." seonghwa stated. wooyoung lowered his gun a little but kept it up again.

"you have to mash the potatoes or else you won't eat it." wooyoung said right afterwards. he lowered his gun later and seonghwa did too. seonghwa sighed, opening his arms and wooyoung grinned.

the two best friends hugged for a minute before stumbling back into the apartment. wooyoung looked around him and smiled, "it's still clean as ever."

seonghwa snickered as he slumped back into the sofa and unmuted the tv. "well, i can't live with a mess, now, can i?"

"you're just a clean freak. admit it, hyung." wooyoung retorted.

seonghwa gasped dramatically, "what did you just call your hyung, you little devil? anyways, why are you here?"

wooyoung cocked his head, "what do you mean? it's my home-"

"you know what i mean."

wooyoung sighed. he put his stuff down and went to sit next to seonghwa, resting his head on seonghwa's shoulder. "i-i don't wanna talk about it."

seonghwa glanced at the younger worriedly, "you sure?" wooyoung nodded.

seonghwa hummed and wrapped an arm around wooyoung's shoulder, pulling the boy closer to him, "you don't have to tell me, then. it doesn't matter anyway. you're back home and that means i'll finally get good food to eat!"

wooyoung chuckled lightly, "yeah. have you been eating takeaway ever since i've gone to seoul?"

seonghwa looked down at wooyoung and was about to give a snarky response, but noticed the younger tearing up. seonghwa paused the tv series he was playing on tv and frowned.

"hey, wooyoung, are you alright? please be honest with me." seonghwa tried to use his thumb to wipe away some of wooyoung's tears, but wooyoung turned his head away from seonghwa. seonghwa sighed, "wooyoung, please."

"i-" wooyoung sniffed and wiped his tears quickly, "i'm fine, hyung. i'm fine. don't worry about me." wooyoung smiled weakly. seonghwa sighed and the smile he gave wooyoung was one wooyoung knew he only used on the people he pitied.

wooyoung frowned, "don't smile at me like that. i don't need your pity, okay? i'm-i'll be fine, hyung."

seonghwa turned his gaze down and nodded, "if you say so. you go rest for a bit, i bet you're tired. i'll order some pizza, okay?"

"remember, hawaii without the pineapples!" wooyoung said as he walked into his bedroom in the apartment.

seonghwa chuckled, "if you don't want pineapple on your pizza, just don't order hawaiian pizza! what's your deal, wooyoung?"