thirty eight

"where are we going again?" san asked. it was a perfect sunday afternoon where he could just chill inside the warehouse and maybe nap for a few hours, but wooyoung just had to ruin it by telling san they should go somewhere together.

wooyoung rolled his eyes, "don't be like that, sannie. you could trust me when i say i know where we're going, okay?"

yeah, wooyoung did not know where they were going. although he did grow up in busan and spent a majority of his life there, being in seoul for a few months disoriented his sense of direction around his hometown.

which was fine, 'cause that's why google maps exist.

"good God, wooyoung, are we there yet?" san groaned. he was really impatient right now. he just wanted to sleep and collapse onto his own bed, maybe cuddle with wooyoung for a bit, but more importantly, sleep.

wooyoung nodded frantically, "we're almost there. i swear, sannie, we're almost there!"

wooyoung halted to a stop in front of another warehouse. san frowned, "this one looks exactly the same as the one we're living in."

wooyoung chuckled, "i swear it's not. come on, let's go in."

wooyoung skilfully unpicked the lock on the chain that was around the door handles. after yanking the lock off, he opened the doors wide open. there were a lot of dust, but wooyoung didn't expect any lesser than this. he hadn't been here in so long it seemed like an eternity since he was last here.

"what is this place?" san asked, letting go of wooyoung's hand and tried to swipe some dust away from the pillars.

wooyoung grinned, "i used to train here. my mom taught me how to shoot a gun and throw a knife here. look at all these targets, God, they're so dusty." wooyoung let out a breathy laugh, "i missed this place so much."

san's eyes widened, "this is where you trained? so you're saying you, like, spent half of your childhood here?"

wooyoung laughed, "not half of my childhood. more like a third of my childhood, but still, i did spend pretty long here. i used to lock myself in here and refused to leave until i've spent at least seven hours hitting the same target board just to make sure my aim was good. i spent time with the knives more than anything else though. i probably sound like a fucking psychopath, but i absolutely love knives. wait, sannie, have you shot a gun or threw a knife before?"

san looked at wooyoung, "uh, no. and i wouldn't want to hold either of those. nu-uh. never. nope."

"aw, come on! don't be such a baby, choi san." wooyoung whined. he went over to the weapon area and grabbed a small hand gun. (ok i don't know my guns forgive me)

"go on, i'll guide you." wooyoung handed san the hand gun by the butt of the weapon. san gulped, receiving it from wooyoung and frowning at the feeling.

"how does it feel?" wooyoung asked.

"like i'm a dangerous person." san replied, more like muttered back at wooyoung. wooyoung let out a soft sigh and smiled at san, "it's okay. holding a gun doesn't mean you're a dangerous person. just consider this a self defence lesson, yeah?"

san nodded and wooyoung's smile widened, "okay, let's start, shall we?"

about an hour of wooyoung teaching san how to properly hold a gun and aim at the target followed by another hour of san trying to perfect his aim, san's aim was now great and perhaps even better than wooyoung's.

"that was amazing, sannie!" wooyoung beamed towards his boyfriend from where he was standing, "that was a 9! wow, i think you're probably better at this than i was at any given point!"