eighteen

"you said he was in gangdong-gu, no?" san yelled over the wind howling tonight. it was suspiciously windy tonight, it's almost like the weather was trying to hide traces of wooyoung as well.

yeosang nodded, "uh, yeah. at least that's what his location says!" 

san sighs and revved up his engine, the speed exceeding the limit by miles and yeosang gripped to san's shoulder tightly. "he only sent you the address? he didn't tell you from his own mouth?" san questioned.

yeosang scoffed, "well, let's assume you were in trouble. would you be stupid enough to tell someone your location instead of sending it?"

"i'm sorry i don't think like a fucking assassin." san muttered, but yeosang heard it. how could he not when he never mentioned to san that he was an assassin.

"huh? what do you mean?"

"oh, don't play stupid with me, yeosang. i know you're an assassin. so what? you're a retired one. i don't care. now please, tell me where is wooyoung most likely to be at?" san said, totally ignoring how confused his best friend sounded just now.

yeosang cleared his throat, and his mind, "there's this bridge, uh, the bridge we will cross to go to gangdong-gu. a lot of crimes were reported to be under that bridge. we should check that first. okay, now how the hell do you know-"

"i'll tell you when we get back. it's wooyoung we're here for."

MEANWHILE.

another punch aimed at wooyoung's pretty face. by now, his left cheek was filled with as much scratches and bruises as his right cheek. he must look stupid right now. wooyoung spit the blood that he had gathered in his mouth from all the punches he received from the last three minutes. 

"are you done yet? honestly, why are you guys targeting me? this is so stupid." wooyoung scoffed, his voice still soft and airy. 

"you probably don't remember me, hm, mr jung?" wooyoung lifted his head at the mention of his name. he didn't expect these people to actually know him. honestly, how many people knew that jung wooyoung is, well, him? if a lot of people knew that, then wooyoung will be in big trouble. 

"ah, you don't. well, i'm miss huang, and you killed my brother two years ago when he was in busan for business. i'm just simply returning the deed now." the woman — miss huang said. 

wooyoung glanced up at her. she wore a blue silk tank top with a black mini skirt and a gigantic white fur coat with a pair of black high heels. wooyoung scrunched his nose in disgust. it's fucking february, just decide whether or not you're going for a summer or early spring outfit.

"it's not my fault huang renjun ssi pissed off the yong mafia. i'm just doing my fucking job, huang kezhen ssi." wooyoung smirked as he saw the woman's face contort into horror.

(a/n: i'm a nctzen and i love both renjun and taeyong with my entire heart. i'm just using their names!!)

"h-how do you know my name?" kezhen asked, her heels clacking against the concrete floor as she backed away from wooyoung.

wooyoung scoffed, "that's stupid. of course, i know your name. i did a background research on your brother, dumb ass." 

the two guys that were torturing wooyoung just before came nearing him. but wooyoung's scowled face did not fade away. he's not wrong, though. that woman was such dumb enough to think that wooyoung doesn't conduct a background research on his target. 

kezhen put her hand up and the two guys stopped advancing towards wooyoung. "he's right. i'm so dumb." she chuckled breathlessly to herself, "still doesn't justify your actions of killing my brother. you two can have your fun with him."

wooyoung raised an eyebrow, "i was just doing my fucking job. why do i deserve to die instead of the leader of the yong mafia?"

"because his blood is on your hands!" kezhen yelled. "the yong mafia didn't kill him, you did! and i don't care if you intended for it or not, you! killed! him!" her chest was heaving up and down and wooyoung just looked at her, his face expressionless and bored, "what? why aren't you scared? aren't you scared of dying?"

wooyoung glanced up to look into her eyes and snickered, "i have tons of people sending me death threats every single day. kezhen ssi, you have to understand. i'm the most wanted man in busan. your threat was nothing compared to those i used to receive every hour of every day. plus, why would i be scared when i'm already free?"

wooyoung's two hands came to his shoulder where he posed a surrender pose, the smirk still visible on his face as his playful gaze went over the three people in front of him. when they didn't move from their positions, wooyoung sighed and pushed himself up, brushing the dirt off his jeans and face.

"you think i'd really be conversing with you if i was not trying to free myself?" wooyoung questioned, wiping some of the blood off his cheek, hissing quietly at the pain, "you're stupider than i thought. at least renjun ssi fought until his very last breath."

"you psychopath-"

"hey, don't touch him!" a voice yelled from behind wooyoung. wooyoung groaned, yeosang really could not have came at a wronger time.

wooyoung turned around and his eyes blew wide, shocked at who was there with yeosang. "you dumb ass-"

san ran towards wooyoung and engulfed the shorter in a brief hug, then turning towards the three people, "who the hell are you?"

kezhen blinked twice and scoffed, "really? you called for back up? i thought you were — what's the word? — stronger than that, wooyoung ssi."

wooyoung rolled his eyes, "i didn't call for back up. honestly, hyung, why are you here? you know what, i don't wanna know. this is stupid- fuck, hey, don't fucking- oh my god, sannie, let me go-"

"no, i'm not fucking letting you go!" san yelled, gripping onto both sides of wooyoung's biceps. wooyoung looked into san's eyes that were now filled with tears.

"do you know how concerned i was when you didn't show up anywhere? not at home, not at the diner, not anywhere! i was so scared, wooyoung, i was so scared i lost you or some shit! this isn't funny, wooyoung." at this point, the tears had cascaded down san's cheeks and onto the floor. he used one of his hands to wipe them away and put them on wooyoung's shoulder again, "please, please just never go away. please, wooyoung, please..."

wooyoung's shoulder slumped, "s-sannie, oh god, sannie, hey." wooyoung placed his two hands on san's wet cheeks, using his thumbs to wipe away some of the rogue tears that escaped, "i'm so sorry. i just- it was about the diner. i thought i'd just leave for a while to sort my shit out. so that when i come back, i could tell you everything without feeling scared that they will come for you. i want to be honest with you, sannie."

wooyoung smiled weakly and placed a soft kiss on san's nose, "i'm so sorry i made you worried. i just- this is so stupid, isn't it?" wooyoung chuckled softly and buried his head into san's nape.

san wrapped his arms around wooyoung's waist and pulled his boyfriend closer to him, placing a small, lingering kiss on wooyoung's hair, "it is. i love you, wooyoungie."

"love you too, sannie." wooyoung muttered against san's chest as he sighed contently. wooyoung would've went back to their home in jung-gu anyway tonight, he had told yeosang that. but maybe yeosang's ears were too old to hear that in the phone call. and the night would've turned out so much better if he had killed kezhen as well, since the lady knew that he's active in seoul now.

neither of the three boys were safe now, since the two best friends had go and find wooyoung tonight. and wooyoung would do anything to make sure that kang yeosang and choi san were safe in their own home. even if it means he has to die.

— 

a/n: hi everyone it's been a rough day why doesn't anyone understand that i'm just an indoor person and don't wanna go outside especially if i'm quarantining 😞 

anyways, enough of my negative thoughts. tell me about your day / week in the comments so i could get my mind off of stuff!!