thirty seven

the couple walked into the park hand in hand, swinging their arms back and forth while they looked at the scenery around them. although both of them hadn't been in busan for a majority of their life, the two still loved how beautiful it was.

"joongie?" seonghwa asked, tugging on the shorter's hand and making him turn towards him. hongjoong turned towards his boyfriend and hummed.

seonghwa cleared his throat and looked at hongjoong, "joongie. i've been thinking and when san and wooyoung goes back to seoul, i wanna go back with them. i don't know, joongie, but i've just been in busan so long i kinda miss seoul. i know we both don't have the best memories in seoul, but i'd really love to just go back there. the only reason i didn't go back there was because i didn't want to be reminded of how i lost you so easily in one night, but now that you're back here with me, i'd really love to go back home. i would understand if you didn't want to go back with me, but-"

"yeah." hongjoong said, a full grin on his face. seonghwa frowned at hongjoong. hongjoong chuckled, "yeah, i'll go to seoul with you. was that not your question?"

seonghwa beamed. "really?"

hongjoong nodded, "yeah, really. i mean, the reason i never got back was because i'm scared of the people that might be after me and my so-called family and also the memories of you. but now that you're with me, and to know that you're still such a skilled assassin, i'm not scared anymore. i'm not scared anymore, hwa, and i wanna go back home, too."

seonghwa pulled on hongjoong's arm and hugged him tightly. the two just stood there in the middle of the park, hugging the hell out of each other and just smiling like big dumbasses. but they don't care. they wouldn't. they were happy with each other, and that's all it mattered.

"i feel so much happier right now. how about we go to a diner i used to go to all the time? my treat." seonghwa offered. hongjoong nodded and the two went to that diner. once the two got there, the boss there, ah-jin, greeted seonghwa and seonghwa introduced hongjoong to her and her to hongjoong. ah-jin told seonghwa that she liked hongjoong, and that made seonghwa so happy.

the couple talked for a while and it didn't take long for the food to arrive. they talked for even more and time just went by really quickly.

seonghwa never felt so happy. he knew hongjoong wasn't his soulmate because he still hadn't reach his date, but he knew hongjoong would make him feel so much more than his soulmate could ever make him feel. it sucked that the two weren't soulmates, but at least seonghwa wouldn't suffer when he lost hongjoong. and he knew that he'll love hongjoong more than he'll ever love his soulmate. he didn't care who his soulmate was, but he will stay with hongjoong until the end of time. that's his unspoken promise to hongjoong. he won't leave hongjoong for the world. hongjoong is his world.

"what's on your mind?" hongjoong asked seonghwa as he sipped on his strawberry milkshake. seonghwa had criticised the boy for drinking that a few minutes before because he just couldn't stand strawberry related drinks. seonghwa always talked about how disgusting strawberry related drink tasted like medicine.

seonghwa shrugged, smiling smugly at hongjoong, "you." he frowned when the younger laughed, "i'm serious, you know."

hongjoong hummed, "okay. what about me is on your mind?"

"everything." seonghwa's smile stretched even wider when hongjoong leaned forward. "everything about you is on my mind. and i know it's cheesy to say this, but i really appreciate you. like, okay, this does sound cheesy when i say it out loud. but you, kim hongjoong, bring out the best of me and i'll never regret escaping that goddamned orphanage with you that night. i- God, why the hell are you crying, joongie?"

hongjoong sniffed and wiped his eyes, smiling widely at seonghwa, "it's- it's nothing. you make me so goddamn emotional, fuck you."

seonghwa laughed. he reached over to place a hand on hongjoong's right cheek, using his thumb to lightly wipe away hongjoong's tears, "don't cry. you don't look ugly crying, but you know how i get when people cry."

"yeah," hongjoong laughed, "i do know how you get when people crying. but you mean just as much as i mean to you- i don't even know what i'm saying anymore. how stupid do we look right now: crying in a diner with two milkshakes in front of us?"

seonghwa chuckled, "probably really stupid. but it's okay. ah-jin noona, can we have a full day breakfast and a whipped cream fruit combo pancake, please? thanks!"

ah-jin nodded and she went into the kitchen to place the order. seonghwa and hongjoong looked at each other and bursted into laughter, even more tears flowing out of their eyes. 

"we must look so stupid." hongjoong muttered, wiping his tears and sniffing. seonghwa pulled hongjoong close to him and smiled, "if we kiss right now, we probably won't look as stupid, you know."

hongjoong rolled his eyes, "we'll probably look even more stupid."

seonghwa shook his head and shrugged, "never know until we try."

and so seonghwa pulled hongjoong so their lips could meet. hongjoong hummed into the kiss and placed his hands on seonghwa's that were on hongjoong's cheek. seonghwa grinned, rubbing little circles into hongjoong's cheek.

that moment, they were the only two in the entire world. that moment, they could just forget everything around them and just be by themselves. that moment, they were only park seonghwa and kim hongjoong, no one else and just them.

"okay, stop kissing, you're making my customers uncomfortable." ah-jin said annoyingly as she tapped her feet against the floor. seonghwa broke away from the kiss, stealing a glance at his blushing boyfriend and grinning at ah-jin, "at least they got to see what true love looks like."

ah-jin fake gagged but a small smile was slowly showing itself, "i'm happy for you, hwa. i really am. anyways, one full day breakfast and a whipped cream fruit combo pancake. enjoy~" 

a/n: I'M SO SORRY THIS IS SO BAD. idk why my writing's so bad and the ending was... the worst. the absolute worst.