forty

this part includes mentions of BLOOD, INJURIES AND GUN. if you find it uncomfortable, please skip it but it's such a huge part of the story.

"i'm seriously hurt by you saying that, wooyoung. we had an agreement, didn't we? that you'd assassinate choi san. but obviously, you didn't do the job. not only did you not do the job, you also got with him? what kind of a fanfiction is this?" park junwong yelled, his tone harsh and annoyed.

wooyoung rolled his eyes, "not my fault he's my soulmate. now how the hell did you even find us?"

hyunjin pushed against the guy that was holding him and yelled, "it was fucking felix! it was hi-" the guy pulled him back and placed a hand over hyunjin's mouth, the blonde haired boy struggling against the strong hold.

san's eyes widened. wasn't felix hyunjin's soulmate? he looked over at the australian boy and indeed, the boy was standing next to park junwong, a sly smirk playing on his lips. san was boiling with anger. how could he? it was one thing to betray the people that trusted him, it was another to betray his own soulmate. God, hyunjin must feel like shit right now.

park junwong grinned, glad that things were going as how he planned. "now that we've established how i found you guys — which was overly unnecessary in my opinion, let's go straight to my point, shall we? as you can see, wooyoung ssi, all your friends are held by my men. i will offer you a deal: i will release your friends once you finish you job." park junwong's wicked grin grew wider.

wooyoung's breath hitched, "f-finish my job? you want me to kill san?"

"mm-hmm." park junwong hummed, "you got it so quickly! you either kill san ssi right there, or i kill your friends. your choice."

all of the boys started to wriggle out of their guy's hold. seonghwa, being the strongest out of them, managed to do so, "wooyoung. jung wooyoung! hey, look at me, you dumbass. it's okay. i assure you, it's okay. grab san and run away. run far, far away from here where they won't find you. it's okay! why the fucking hell are you crying, God!"

wooyoung couldn't help it. he either kills his soulmate or watch park junwong kills his best friend, the four people he'd trust his life with. it seemed logical to kill san as it would lower the death rate, but again, wooyoung couldn't. he just couldn't do it. how could he now that he loved san so deeply and dearly?

park junwong chuckled lightly, "this is so entertaining. come on, what's your choice, wooyoung ssi?"

san glanced over at his soulmate and immediately went over to him. he placed his hands on wooyoung's shoulder, turning the younger to face him. "hey, woo. youngie. darling. it's okay. you can kill me. i either get killed by you or park junwong and i'd much rather be killed by you than be killed by that bastard. and don't you worry about your soul splitting in half. it doesn't work like that. i've done my research on it. that only happens when your soulmate leaves you without your consent or the two of you left each other on bad terms. if i leave you now, your soul won't split in half. it wouldn't. we didn't leave each other on bad terms. we agreed on this. you'll be fine, darling. you will be fine. and i will be fine, too! it'll just be like sleeping, hm?"

"no," wooyoung shook his head. he was shaking violently now, his hand reaching up to wipe the tears away and shook his head even more, "no. no way in hell am i going to kill you! i am not going to kill you, choi san, and that's fucking final. so don't you fucking talk about leaving me and my soul splitting half because of you, okay?! i'm not- no, i'm not doing it!"

but no one noticed when hyunjin had a handgun in his hand. all they knew was that hyunjin yelled 'for fuck's sake, i'll do it then!' and a bullet was fired. everything happened in slow motion. it happened so quickly it had to be in slow motion so people could actually see what happened.

MENTIONS OF BLOOD !!

a moment ago, the soulmates were standing facing each other with san gripping onto wooyoung's shoulder, and the next moment, wooyoung was on the ground, hand clutching his own chest as blood flowed out of his wound. wooyoung tried so hard to breathe. he tried so, so hard. but he was losing focus on everything and anything. his sight started to blur and he started losing focus on the purple-haired boy he loved so much.

"shit. shit." san muttered. he, too, pressed a hand against wooyoung's wound as he felt tears fall from his eyes unwillingly, "fuck you, jung wooyoung. seriously, fuck you."

END OF MENTIONS OF BLOOD !!

hyunjin stumbled back, the handgun falling from his hand in shock of what he had just done. "fuck." he said, "fuck!"

hongjoong ran over to embrace his cousin, trying to reassure hyunjin that it wasn't his fault. it wasn't hyunjin's fault his soul got split so many times. people change momentarily after huge damage was done to their soul, and hyunjin was just another victim to the curse of soulmates.

seonghwa ran towards wooyoung instead, yeosang following shortly. the two kneeled down on either side of the dying boy. wooyoung glanced up at them and smiled weakly, "hey. it's okay. i, ugh, no one has to- fuck- d-die now."

he winced at the pain he's starting to feel. san applied even more pressure to wooyoung's wound, his head falling forward and allowing the tears to fall freely now. san's other hand clutched wooyoung's hand, squeezing it tightly.

seonghwa chuckled breathlessly, "you idiot. i promised that i wouldn't let you or san die under my watch. and look at you now. you're such an idiot."

wooyoung shook his head, "what can you do about me? and, hey, y-yeosang hyung. you and sannie are, ugh, safe now. he just wants m-me dead, and he got it now- fuck! you're safe now. you two- you both are safe now."

"no, God, no." yeosang said, quickly wiping his tears away, "i don't want you to fucking die just to make sure we're safe. no, it shouldn't be like this, woo. it shouldn't be like this."

wooyoung smiled, droplets of tears starting to fall. his breath was starting to slow down, and san knew he was losing him. he squeezed wooyoung's hand once, making the younger turn his attention to him.

"hey," san whispered. he looked at the two other boys and the two left, leaving the soulmates alone for them to say goodbye.

"hey." wooyoung smiled, whispering back at san. san let out a choked sob, his head falling down again. he couldn't believe all this. the hand that was applying pressure to wooyoung's wound was slowly relaxing itself. even san's muscles knew that wooyoung was a lost cause.

"sannie." wooyoung raised one of his hands weakly to caress san's cheek, stroking it softly and wiping some of san's tears away, "it'll just be like sleeping. i'll be okay, sannie. you will be, too."

san nodded, sniffing and leaned down to place one final kiss to wooyoung's lips. the kiss was quick since san knew wooyoung was running out of time. but it was also filled with all the love and emotions the two felt for each other.

"i love you, sannie." wooyoung smiled, the hand on san's cheek falling limp to his side as his fingers twitched a final few times before they stopped moving all at once. san leaned down to place a soft kiss on wooyoung's forehead, leaving his lips there for a few seconds and letting his tears drop onto wooyoung's now colourless face.

"i love you, too, my darling." san muttered against wooyoung's skin, closing his eyes and letting out a sigh.

END

a/n: like i said, it isn't a story of mine if it doesn't end in angst.

anyways, i was so near to tears when i wrote this chapter but i didn't end up crying because idk i just don't cry anymore while reading lol.