thirty four

hyunjin and wooyoung were out as usual, doing their 'grocery shopping'. the two best friends were laughing already when they stepped out of the warehouse. apparently, some woman looked ridiculous in her late-60's attire.

"seriously, what the fuck was she thinking when she threw that onto herself? that's 'ought to be the funniest thing i've ever seen!" hyunjin laughed, clutching his stomach while walking down the streets with wooyoung right next to him.

wooyoung snorted, "i know right! like, not only is it out of trend, it also just look disgusting on her! please, if i see her next time i will go up to her and tell her to just get out of whatever she was wearing. mark my words, hyung, i will do that."

hyunjin raised an eyebrow. they had reached the grocery store already and hyunjin opened the door for wooyoung to go in, "oh yeah? if we see her on our way back i will be pushing you towards her. don't back down now, wooyoung."

wooyoung smirked, grabbing a few cereal boxes off the rack, "you know i never back down an opportunity to humiliate someone publicly. you'd know that first hand."

"yeah, i'm still mad at you for it."

well, wooyoung did humiliate hyunjin publicly once. it was just once, but hyunjin had held the grudge ever since then.

hyunjin was wearing a beanie that day because of he accidentally dyed his hair reddish-purple the night before when he was drunk. hyunjin had been so embarrassed that his beautiful blonde locks (and i agree. hyunjin looks great in blonde) were gone that he had to borrow a beanie from seonghwa in order to go out. however, in the middle of the grocery shopping, wooyoung accidentally — more like intentionally but we'd never know — flung hyunjin's (seonghwa's) beanie away into a garbage truck. how was wooyoung's aim so good that day, nobody knows, but because of wooyoung's perfect aim, hyunjin had to walk through the store and the way back to the warehouse with his reddish-purple hair on full display. it was humiliating to say the least, especially with the weird glances he got from practically everyone on the street.

hyunjin and wooyoung continued to bicker for the entire time they were in the grocery store, receiving from glares for the profanities they used. but they didn't care. it wasn't like they knew the people personally, and it wasn't like it was illegal to swear, so who were they to give a fuck about people judging them?

the two left the grocery store quite quickly and started walking back to the warehouse. they were walking side by side in silence (btw, stream 'side by side' by xu minghao aka the8 from seventeen as well as 'silent boarding gate' by wen junhui aka jun from seventeen. they're my 2 bias and god their solos are the best) before wooyoung tugged on hyunjin's sleeve.

"what?" hyunjin asked, his voice hushed and not leaving the road in front of him. the two knew better than to react dramatically to situations like these. you could meet anyone in busan and you should remain calm whenever you see them. just so they would think that you didn't see them.

"someone's looking at us. one o'clock on that bench." wooyoung muttered back, his hand leaving hyunjin's sleeve and pressing the button on the sidewalk, waiting for their turn to cross the road. even though the man was on the opposite sidewalk, they had to go there unless they want their cover to be blown.

hyunjin hummed, "act natural. if he follows us, we'll separate ways and walk in a circle. you know where to meet back, right?"

wooyoung smiled, "yeah. hyung, have you thought of adding cheese into sandwiches? like, not even ham and cheese sandwiches, but like replacing cheese with eggs and just make it look like an egg sandwich."

(a/n: i had that for two days. TWO DAYS. two days the person who's delivering my lunch told me it was egg sandwich but it's literally cheese sandwich. it was fine the first day, but the next day it just tasted yuck. i hated cheese sandwich growing up, guess i'll be hating cheese sandwich for years to come too)